bewdley town centre barbel

J

Jon Read

hi all

just wondered if anyone has any info on the barbel fishing in bewdley town. i used to fish here lots a few years back.
anyone got any tips? baits,swims etc
cheers

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Plenty of barbel in Bewdley right in front of Stan Lewis's shop and its free fishing too. Not a lot of people float fish this water but it contains roach to over 2lbs plus some good perch too as well as the barbel.

Stan also has a of water that he controls upstream of the bridge as well plus day tickets for the Lyttleton water downstream below Ribbesford towards Stourport.

J

Jon Read

is it free the mug house side of the bridge?
river looks slighty deeper and slower this side

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The right bank is free fishing, it goes right down to the start of the KDAA water, if you mean upstream of the bridge on the right bank I'm not sure about that as it is very rarely fished but Stan is your man and his shop is right where you fish.

There is day ticket water (tickets on the bank) lower down on the left bank owned by one of the clubs in the black country (Can't remember the name) and that is very good water. If you cross the bridge to the left bank opposite Stan's shop and keeping to your right take the Stourport road running parallel to the river, follow that to the end then turn right, about 50 yards down on your right you will see a car park entrance, park in there and walk about 500 yards down to the river with fishing to the left or the right.

Its a good roach water at this time of the year but there are chub and barbel there, its actually opposite the KDAA water by black rock.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've caught several barbel from the opposite side of the river - Des Taylor's peg actually. Playing barbel amongst a mass of row boats next to the rowing club adds to the excitement.

The roach are the fish that really excite me however.

J

Jon Read

can someone tell me if the fishing is free on the mughouse pub side of the river infront of houses and down the steps?

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I watched a guy catch a barbel of about 6-7lbs from outside the pub on the opposite side of the bridge (same side of river) to Stans tackle shop. He had to scramle down to land it, having hooked it at street level with a pint in one hand and packet of chips in the other! Its a good stretch right through the town centre.