I need some help please

Jimbob

Reaction score
Hello All,
I usually float fish for what I can get, but yesterday I fished with a hair rig and boily for the first time. The only problem is that I find it difficult to tie the rig to the main line being strong enough for catching the carp.
Is there some one out there who could explain to me the best knot to secure the rig.
Thanks for your help.
Jimbob

colsmiff

Reaction score
Best putting this one on the carp forum, whrer you will get one million and one answers. Here's a simple one from another (generally) float fisherman.

Legering: Tie your hair-rig as part of your hooklength, the hooklength can then be tied onto a swivel (size 8 or ten I believe), best using a grinner knot. The swivel is then tied to the mainline again with a grinner knot, onto which has been threaded whichever semifixed/running lead set-up you desire.

Float fishing: never tried float fishing with a hairrigged boilie, but again tie your hair-rig as part of your hooklength. Tie a double overhand loop in the end. Tie a large double overhand loop in the end of the mainline. fasten the two loops together.