Tidal Trent

T

TT

Has anyone caught any decent fish from the tidal trent recently? If so, where from and what with?

Lee Swords

Reaction score
On the tidal bit where the water comes up and goes out.

Use elips pellets or chicken indulgence boillies

start at Collingham and work your way down!

S

sash

Yes thanks, lots of 'em. The bit with muddy / rocky banks on size 10 hooks.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
TT and percy no offence but your profile could hide anyone

Its hard finding a good spot but we don't mind sharing with people who's id we know.

Try collingham for starters and fish over a bed of pellets

T

TT

We fish collingham regularly and use a variety of pellets, but latley have found it devoid of fish, not even been able to catch an eel. And Dan will tell you this is very unusual for me as it's usually the first thing I land. I wasn't trying to get your trade secrets just a bit of advice.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Try Dynamite baits source boillies or Ch Ind Elips/salips pellets are also very very good

which pegs do you aim for top, middle or bottom?

Fish into dark and put a good bed of bait down, you will get bream but who cares

:O)

T

TT

Cheers Lee, We aim for 60 - 70 normally as it's easy access with the car ( I don;t like walking with my tackle). Don't mind getting bream as not getting anything latley.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
When the river is at normal level, make sure you fish well into dark as they become easier to catch. Try and keep your casting accurate. Around a quarter to a third of the way out will do in most pegs.

S

sash

You may not like the walk but there are 4 or 5 areas on the stretch that get hammered because people don't like walking with their tackle or they like fishing on top of each other :eek:)

My advice - get a barrow, walk away from everyone else, fish the deeper/rockier water with open ended feeder, flouro hooklengths, pellets over hemp/pellet feed, into dark, and you cannot fail at Collingham from the weir right down into the 200+ peg numbers (or indeed for most of the Trent).

T

TT

Cheers Sash, we had considered fishing right into th 200's but like most were too lazy to walk that far, I'll have to persuade the other half to use the barrow I bought him for Xmas!

S

sash

You can drive to and park at the end of the long lane (which from memory comes out at peg 232ish).