River Idle Haxey

J

john ledger

Thinking of October 14th which is on a Saturday.
Will anybody have a problem with this date and could the rest let me know if its ok.
Anyone with any problems on how to get there dont worry because i will give the route meeting place and my mobile no

E

EC

The lure fish in is that weekend John!

CALENDAR?

COME ON GERRY LAD!

J

john ledger

Hey Eddie there are plenty of pike in the Idle if you fancy a bit

S

Sean Meeghan

John I should be Ok, but there is a chance that work commitments will make me have to cry off.

E

EC

Sat mornings are out for me 'til the new year (Feb I think) John, as my gf goes to college til 1 pm ish.

I was hoping to do the bream fish in this weekend, the lure weekend, the chub fish in, and your grayling day, but will have to see what the babysitters say regarding the latter 3, that is unless they are after Feb!

J

john ledger

Not to worry Sean as i can get away most Saturdays so we can always change to suit.
Do you have a date in mind when you are ok?
The Idle usually fishes ok most of the winter but does not like extra water unless dropping

J

john ledger

Bully
The river rises at Markham Moor in Nottinghamshire then flows down through Retford Notts and on to Bawtry which is about 8 miles from Doncaster.
Haxey Gate is in the lower deeper reaches approx 10 miles from Bawtry on the Gainsborough road taking the signpost to Misterton.
Its a winter river and the roach fishing is excellent

J

john ledger

I have just been talking to Ron Clay and Ron thinks mid November may be better than mid October and i can go along with that as November is usually as good a month for roach fishing as you can get.
Will any of you have a problem with Nov say the Nov 11th or give me an idea

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Just pick a date mate i will try and work around that.

The problem with fish-Ins is that some will make it and some wont no mtter what date you pick

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Any weekend will do me John, I can always develop a nasty virus on the thursday, nudge, nudge,wink,wink. I might not be able to make December 2010 though, I think I have a few things to do then.

S

Sean Meeghan

Don't worry John. Its unlikely that I'll have to cancel. Its an unfortunate aspect of my job that the buck stops with me so if something goes pear shaped I have to make sure its fixed so I'm on call 24/7.

S

Sean Meeghan

Oh, just seen the November date. Can't make that as I'm down in the Fens posing with large Zander for a Dave Tipping feature (I'm prettier than him and I catch bigger Zander!). Don't worry if everyone else can make it - I know how difficult choosing a date can be.