strangest thing !

gilesy

Reaction score
i went summer piking a week or so back on the river nidd with plugs and a few smelt. about lunch time i hooked what turned out to be the biggest pike of the day about ten pounds on sink n drawn smelt.the strange thing was while playing the pike there was a very good barbel just below it or just behind it,it wasnt a case of the barbel being spooked while i was playing the pike cos every time i got the pike near the net "3 times" the barbel was there every time . ive never had or at least never seen this before

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
It was no doubt waiting for any scaps from the prey fish that fell off. natural fish meat. keep saying i will try minnows for the old whiskers but pellets are just so reliable.

norbert darby

Reaction score
while retreiving a floating halibut pellet at a fairly rapid rate rate of knots, some thing exploded out of the water... fish on. a pike? zander? hungry perch? no. a 6 pound bream. what next. minnows on live baits? there are no rules....

norbert darby

Reaction score
never knew that mr chavender. do you regularly fish for bream pon di fly? sounds like trying to push a car up hill with a tow rope... may be i will start live baitin a barbel in the hope of a lamprey suckin on to it.. hee hee. ( please note barbel constabulary from all england, this was meant as humour.) i would actually use a salmon...

norbert darby

Reaction score
oui monsieur fisk. cest moi. a ce moment, j`habit sur le seven dan un grand canoe. et tu? je suis monsier le blank. six blank . les autre personS .... beaucoup de le grand barbel.OH BUGGER...

Jon Bedford

Reaction score
Norbert, I have caught Minnows on live
bait-
3 Minnow fry on a size 14 intended for
Perch caught me a 3inch minnow, on the
Wharfe last year!