Back on the fish

Reaction score
After a break of 21 years today my rod was back in hand, it took my 12 year old son "dad can we go fishing" so after loading my ABU 501 and 440A match with new line we set off, we fished for 6 hours and finished up with around 12lb of small perch roach and skimmers.

Now can someone tell me what on gods earth are pellets? every tackle shop are trying to sell them to me.

Maurice

Reaction score
Pellets – Spawn of the Devil, was an interesting read it looks like a lot of thing have changed in the world of course fishing over the last 20 years, back in the 70s I would fish a 6 number 4 stick close in over a bed of Hemp with tears as a hook bait for Roach, for Chub a Waggler fished on the far bank at mid water using Maggot and Caster, for Barbel I would bag up using a feeder loaded with Maggot and Hemp with meat as a hook bait, for Bream it was plenty of ground-bait with bread flake as a hook bait for everything else it was just plain old Maggot.

I think the most deadly of baits I ever fished was Wasp grub, which was banned in 99% of all matches fished on the Avon in the 70s and 80s

For now I think I'll stick to what I remember.

I'll be back on the bank with mini me on Thursday thanks to the teachers strike.

Maurice