flying missiles.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
This is one of those questions that you only think up at 1.00 .a.m. Mainly aimed at the carp boys i would of thought , and merely an observation.
When you fish at distance for the big carp in pits that have big fish in them you obviously use big leads. Size i guess 3-5 ounce.?
I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has ever killed or maimed a large carp to their knowledge when a lump of lead has gone hurtling out a distance at high velocity?
Maybe it has never happened i don't know. But i do wonder if one of the NAMED fish turned up floating in the margins with a 4oz lead stuck in his head what would happen.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

I bet you don't get many admitting to it even if it has happened RiK ;0)

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
"But i do wonder if one of the NAMED fish turned up floating in the margins with a 4oz lead stuck in his head what would happen."

In my case i'd get it photographed and weighed, with a photograph of the weighscale, before the lead fell out :eek:]

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I'd find out who did it and give him a coconut.

E

EC

True story, whilst fishing on the Lleyn peninsular last week, I cast out a 4oz lead and immediately my lead hit the water 2 launce both jumped clear of the water, they were obviously in the very upper layers, and there is no doubt that if the lead had hit one it would have been brown bread!

T

The Monk

On bats, in scotland many years ago we used to night fish for the trout and salmon and have many a time hit bats on the backcast with fly, they seemed to prefer Peter Ross and Teal Blue and Silvers

T

The Monk

Many years ago, in Scotland, we were fishing for trout and salmon, with a pair of ruffe slappers we met in Glasgow after the pubs had thrown them out

T

The Monk

I and a friend, many years ago in Scotland, fished for trout and salmon with fly at night

We fished with fly in Scotland many years ago for trout and salmon

T

The Monk

In Scotland, many years ago we fished at night for trout and salmon, we used fly

or is it salmon and trout

T

The Monk

Salmon and trout fishing at night in Scotland is something we did many years ago

T

The Monk

At night in scotland many years ago we fished for salmon and trout

T

The Monk

many years ago in scotland we fished for salmon at night on the fly,

we also fished for trout

T

The Monk

Trout and salmon fishing on the fly at night is really cool, we did this in scotland many years ago

T

The Monk

I can`t really remember fishing for Trout and salmon at night in scotland, because it was many years ago

T

The Monk

at night in scotland many years ago, we fished for trout and salmon on the fly (I think)

matt

Reaction score
Did you catch any trout and salmon at night on the fly in Scotland