My Story

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John's started the ball rolling with a cracking autobiography, so come on, don't be shy, let's have those stories so we all get to know each other better.

F

Fred Bonney

I've printed it off to read at leisure.
One thing I would say, is that OLD John is one of the most generous Yorkshiremen, I've ever met.
Not only with advice but,he'll fight you too the bar too.

T

The Monk

I`ll start writing mine then Graham, now let me see, 849 was a good year for carp in the old stew pond, i`d been having a jam with some of the brothers on the electic lute, the mead wine was flowing and a few ofthe village ruffe slappers had called round at the Monastry for the crack

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

What a brilliant story from an equally brilliant man. We have spoken a number of times on the phone, I have been within spitting distance of John on one occasion, but we never met. That will be rectified when I go to his fish ins this year.
A kindlier and very funny man you will never meet.

K

Kevin Perkins * * * * * * *

Great article John, let's hope it inspires some others on here to follow suit (not me, though!)

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
great article john,although i've fished a few of the same waters (derwent/upper trent) other the years probably at the same time/same areas may even of seen him in passing or from a distance only ever spoken too him on here and only met him the once when i brought a rod of him (which i've since broken but repaired and its suit's me better now than before!sorry about that john) and it was a pleasure to meet him.and always look forward to read his comments on verious threads and things.
and i'm inspired to do one of these myself may take a while as i only type with the one finger at a time,but i'll see what i can do.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done John, it's nice to know and understand people a little more.
I hope we get many more "My Story's".

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It's good to hear that some of you are going to have a go. It doesn't matter how many words it is as I can always break it down into several parts.

Like John's excellent piece tell us about your 'other' life as well as the fishing bit.

You may never get another chance to get your autobiography published!

captain carrott

Reaction score
Mines a matter for the records -

police ones.

that surprises me with your terrible taste in music.

T

The Monk

Ah where do I begin

I was born in 1951, in Manchester, so as to be near my mother,

the only trouble is I don`t really know who my mother is as I was adopted

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
You have made me blush john. How did you get that picture of me making up my semtex rig, that I use for flushing chub out of the cover of willow trees? It is a honour and pleasure to know you John and long may you and your lovely wife continue in good health. I am going for 'that' derwent ticket you told me about so I hope to join yourself and mike on a few forays into chub country when the weather cools down. Just for the record I also enjoyed the anniversary edition of Angling Star in which you and two or three of our regular lads contributed, I will bring my copy to this weekends fishin and let everyone have a look at some of the fine articles which you lads put out on a regular basis.

Deanos

Reaction score
John,
Your story is beautiful and touching.
Thank you for sharing so many wonderful memories.
You are a big bloody star mate.
Best regards, Deanos.

R

rob1969

A very nice and interesting read, I look forward to other pieces from other members.