A Good Read.

Disco stu

Reaction score
Hello my piscotorial colleagues.

It is my birthday soon and as usual my partners question is what do you get a man who has everything.
I love reading and would like a book about fishing but not the usual "how to" or "where to" books.
I like stories and have heard about the Chris Yates books. Have you lads any suggestions?

T

The Monk

Must say one of my favorite books was jack hiltons Quest for carp, I also like some of Tims books and some of hutchy`s

Disco stu

Reaction score
Quest looks good as does both the Yates ones, Casting At The Sun and Falling In Again. The review on Smith and Horak seems ok as well.
I used to like a monthly series called "Halcyon Days" in Coarse Fishing magazine I think, You could almost feel the sun on your back as you read some of the stories. Thats the sort of thing I like to read.

joe pesky

Reaction score
Jeremy Paxman`s book fish,fishing and the meaning of life is very good. It`s all short stories or articles.

S

Sean Meeghan

Yup, the Paxman book is good. You might also like to try:

Arthur Ransome on Fishing, edited by Jeremy Swift. Ransome was a writer every bit as good as BB. He was Fishing Correspondent for the Manchester Guardian for many years before the Second World War.

For All THose Left Behind, by John Andrews. A beautifully written and moving book by a superb writer.

The Longest Silence, by Thomas Mc Guane. An angling memoir by possibly one of the most gifted writers in angling. Fly fishing in the American West and Florida.

honslow

Reaction score
Yates is awesome. His new book will be out at the end of this month. All his books are excellent.
Try Lampard's 'First Cast' (available from Ringwood Tackle), Hearn's 'In Pursuit of the Largest', Maylin's 'Tiger Bay' or any of the latest single species books edited by Bob Church and published by Crowood Press.