great feeling

ingy

Reaction score
walking the dog every night by the river over the past month or so the elderberrys near the river have been hung there in there thousands, so me being me i thought grabing a handful everynight i would bait a swim or two up as i walked ,today i went down the river and thought tonights the night to try elderberrys , first trot down nowt, 2nd nowt , this went on for 10 or so trots down then the float disapeared and i struck into a nice feeling fish , as i drew it near the net in the folds of my net layed a beutiful scale perfect 1 lbs 12oz roach , what a fantastic feeling to catch on something new is great over the next 2 hours i caught approx 30, 40 roach ,dace , and small chub great few hours fishing and cheap to has anyone else caught some great fish on on unfancied baits

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Good work Ingy, I'm not a pro float fisherman although I'm working on rectifying that So I've never tried the berrys myself. I did read an article once where (possibly Martin Bowler) used them and caught Roach, Chub etc... all day long.

ingy

Reaction score
top tip; too is if you can find the unripped red elderberrys they float they work a treat for chub anddace off the top

B

Bully

1lb 12oz roach? I'd fish all day to catch just one fish like that! Well done. And well planned....

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i have used elderberries alot for roach fishing at my local boating lake.
tackle wise,i use a 5mtr whip instead of a rod and a suitable pole float etc... plus a wide gape,fine wire spade hook.
i gently impale the elderberry,taking care not to burst it and cast in.i then flick a few grains of hemp around my float and hey presto,the roach are normally straight on it.....they really cant get enough of it.
i have never tried it on a river though but as there are tons of elderberries about this year i may just give it a bash???

G

Grant Lever

elderberries have long been known as a good bait for roach and chub..Ingy,but you seem to have rediscovered them by yourself.well done...i keep thinking that one day i will make a list of all the different baits i have caught fish on over the years as i like to keep trying new things..

ingy

Reaction score
going out tonight to try something new and different on a small pond near us , its a good idea in theory will let you no later how i get on you never know it might be a wonder bait watch this space

ingy

Reaction score
well back from the local pond and yes tried a new to me bait (you may laugh at the next bit)wait for it puched apple . first i fed lots of ittle pellets in onepart of my chossen swim then left it to develop for about 1 hour , i fished with the humble maggot and caught a small roach and perch a throw but then the time was right out with the apple while still feeding pellets the start was very small small knocks kept my hopes up but could of been line bites , then the black tip of the float dissapeared and yes on the hook was small roach of about 6oz well my thery may be that i will now have to try again before i left i cut the apple into small cubes and threw in Iwill be back and im going to flavour the apple and maybe colour it i will let you know what happens