why feed the rats?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score

I've fished some swims and it's clear that at the end of a fishing session an angler has just dumped, sweetcorn, groundbait, slices of bread ect in the swim

If you don't want to take it home, throw it in the water (better still give it to someone else) but please don't feed the rats

rains

Reaction score
Down to lazyness if i have stuff left over and its not too much i always put it in the lake if not all rubbish goes in the bin i hate people who leave beer bottle tins ect in my eyes there the rats lol

BarryC

Reaction score
Take almost all unused bait home, put it in the freezer and use it up in my bream spod mix.
This includes maggots, corn, meat etc.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I might chuck in maggots , casters and worms , but out of respect for the angler who may turn up in the swim later . I would not dump other bait in the water or on the bank........

B

Berty

It's not an angling problem.....it's society in general, our local McDonald's pays a guy to walk around the local estate picking up litter...........even as a teenager i can't remember putting my chip paper in anything other than the bin.

Thats when i could afford a bag of chips (and batters..mmm) ........most times we passed the local chippy with tongues hanging out!............perhaps thats it, things are so expected nowadays.

Yep.......i'm turning into an old *******!