line?

Reaction score
can anyone offer any advice or recomendation on a new line for me to try , I've been using the GR6O . I've purchased new reels so I was thinking about trying a new line as well .

At the same time who's using flouro and who prefers speci hook material?

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Hello Harry,

I've just started using Gardner GT80, no problems at all. Seems pretty tough with a good knot strength.

Not tried flouro, i read somewhere that barbel can feel it with there barbules, due to its stiffness. (dont know if that is correct?).

Use Drennan sink braid myself.

Hope this helps.

Marcus

W

Wolfman Woody

Krystonite, but look at the users with lots of experience, Gary (Barney) Knowles for example.

I've been using it for over a year now and it is quite honestly one of the best lines I have ever used. As far as I am concerned now there is Daiwa Sensor if you want a budget line or something to pack a spool out with and there is Krystonite.

All other lines are mere shelf fillers.

Lark

Reaction score
Hello Harry, Started off this season using Daiwa Sensor and Drennan sink braid. Can't fault it so far.

G

Grant Lever

yeah diawa sensor for me,unless you want the very best and are prepared to pay,then try krystonite as woody says.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Graham M seemed to be quite impressed with the new Ultima line and if you buy a copy of the new Total Coarse Fishing this month you get a free 10lb spool.

This seems to be a better quality line than some of their previous offerings and if Graham M says it is good then I would take his word for it. As with those above I use and endorse Krystonite line and Sensor.

Ginger

Reaction score
Harry, whats wrong with the GR60 you`ve been using?
Have you had problems with it?
The reason i ask is that i`ve been using it for the last 2 seasons and it`s never let me down.

Reaction score
nothing wrong with the GR60 but my catch rate this season & last has dropped since using it so I'm looking to change things abit

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
I can certainly recommend Krystonite line which I have been using for the last two seasons. It's a quality line and I would be reluctant to use anything else at the moment.

There are lots of good lines out there but as with many things it's what you have confidence in and Krystonite does it for me at the moment.

Danny.

Dave Powell

Reaction score
I can thoroughly recommend Sufix Xcelon. It's a bit more supple than Kristonite with less memory. Very tough too.

Dave

G

Gary Knowles

Krystonite for me.

I have to say it took a special line for me to change from my previous brand (Suffix Synergy) and I can't see me using anything else now.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Whatever line you use it won't make a difference to your hook-up rate.

If you are losing fish due to line breakage change it. Otherwise, I'd suggest your catch rate has dropped for other reasons.

S

Sean Meeghan

I agree with Ric 110% Unless you're fishing at range, reliability and good behaviour on the spool are all you can really ask for in a line. Stick with what you know!

ALAN PALMER 2

Reaction score
I have been using GR60 now for 3 years and have had no problems whatsoever from 8,10,12Ibs.I would say stick with what you know, I would be doubtful it was the line affecting your catch rate............but if its a confidence thing then try something like KRYSTONITE on one rod and compare.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Sensible suggestion Mr Palmer, there is a lot of nonsense talked about line, if it has good knot strength, good abrasion resistance and is reasonably limp then it is fine. The only thing that may affect your catch rate, and even this is unproven, is its visibility which is why Krystonite is reputedly so popular.

Brian Clark 3

Reaction score
I'm with Mr. Palmer,stick with what you know. I can highly recommend Pro Gold from Terry Eustace he knows a thing or two about line,and also his Penetrator S/S hooks are outstanding. I have been using Nash Armourbraid for hooklink,I fish some pretty snaggy swims and this setup usaully holds good. I tried Krystonite for a while, but I had nightmares with it.

Mike Wilkinson

Reaction score
I've been using 12lb X-Line this season myself, excellent stuff, sinks like a stone, good abrasion resistence and no memory off the spool. I'm using 10 or 12lb sink braid as hooklength material.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I am lucky enough to be field testing a new line from Kryston called SNYDE...IT's a very very good line indeed

on the other half of my reels

is

KRYSTONITE