My roach/Bream

taron

Reaction score
Thought you may be interested in this Beautiful Hybrid which i caught at Startops in Tring, i have had Bream to over 16lb Carp to over 23lb, but to me as i approach sixty years of age, i feel i will not see the likes of this fish again.
When i hooked it i was on a bream fishing trip, i was using large method feeder loaded with Halibut method mix, sweetcorn and maggots.
It fought better than a bream so i thought at first i had hooked a tench, but it stopped fighting eventually, i was well surprised when out came what i first thought was a massive Roach lol, i had two witnesses, and we decided it was a Hybrid because of its size, and it weighed in at a huge 9lb 9oz exactly.
A shame we have no British Record for this fine fish.

I have also posted a photo of a friends Bream, caught the same day, it weighed in at 17lb 9oz.

Image004.jpg

View image in gallery

17lb_9oz.jpg

View image in gallery

taron

Reaction score
Yes a great Bream, i managed them to 16lb 8oz, but could not top Young Deans great fish.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
That first fish is one ugly looking so and so lol :D

That Bream is a lovely looking specimen though and a dream fish for most anglers without a doubt.

Congratulations to you both on what is some great fishing by the looks of it.

taron

Reaction score
Yes a great day, but a one off for me, been back few times since and blanked lol, notably it is a difficult water, but once caught at least you know the fish are there so cant help it but to return from time to time.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Both cracking fish - why did you banish your young friend to the mud bank while you stayed on the lawn with a comfy chair?:wh

taron

Reaction score
Lol, we started up on the grass, then as the wind got stronger we moved down into the shelter of the wall, also on the top there was a huge chance either swans or ducks would hit our lines as they took off or landed on the Reservoir.