I'm down to final 12 !

Wendy Perry 3

Reaction score
Hi Guys wish me luck this week please. There was an advert on here a couple of week ago saying they are looking for 8 people to take part in a fishing school in Scotland for 2 weeks with your own personal coach. It is going to be televised on the Discovery channel later this year.So i thought this would be a dream come true for me i'll apply for it.The next day they called to say my application was fine and they would let me know.
Anyway over a week ago they called to say i was in last 50 and they needed a 2 minute clip of me. So i sent that off then they called to say i was in final 20 and they would soon make a decision.

this week Scottish television rang to say i am now in final 12 and that the clips we sent in are now with the Discovery Channel for them to decide the final 8.

So fingers crossed for me, this is something i have dreamed of to be taught every aspect of fishing instead of looking through the rigs page on here or the weekly mags.The when i do the bloody rigs they fall apart in my hands :)

Wendy Perry 3

Reaction score
hahhaahahahah go awayyyyyyyyyyy go make jam!!! I'll take it to scotland with me !!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

i have dreamed of to be taught every aspect of fishing instead of looking through the rigs page on here or the weekly mags.The when i do the bloody rigs they fall apart in my hands

Typical woman or what?
There's gratitude for you then. Right lads, the next time Wendy asks for any advice, tell her to ask her Scottish friends.

P

paul williams 2

Och ay! do that ma wee lassy......ma rig'll nay fall apart in ya wee hands.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've got me legs crossed for you Wendy.

You'll do it, ok. Have a little faith ......

and show em a little leg.

Wendy Perry 3

Reaction score
Baz i'm not saying that the rigs on here are no good it's ME that can't tie them right!!!! If someone shows me face to face how to do it then it's not a problem. But i don't fish with anyone who knows!!!

And Paul arghhhhhhhhhh hahahaha

Woody i hope your right mate, i really do i can't sleep without thinking my mobile is gonna ring lol :)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
You realise that fishing in Scotland is a little different don't you Wendy? For a start, copious amounts of whisky have to be consumed before venturing out on those freezing rivers and then you have to stand up to your oxters in freezing water throwing bits of fluff at surface.

If that isn't bad enough you have to return to to a menu of 'haggis and neeps' for tea, my advice is take a supply of Paul's jam with you - whatever the cost! Oh! and some aspirins as well.

Wendy Perry 3

Reaction score
Graham apparantly IF i get in we will be doing all types of fishing and staying in a bivvy a few nights to have camp fires and cook fish and drink plenty. The lady said it is a chance of a lifetime this and i'm sure it will be.

Scotland looks a lovely place to fish and yes i bet it will be cold! IF i get through i'm gonna speak to a few different angling companies to see who wants thier clothing advertised on the Discovery Channel ;)

Pauls jam i am a little worried about Graham hahahaha

P

paul williams 2

Wendy.......a few nights in Scotland in a bivvy with a bunch of jocks?

I've got a funny feeling you are going to get on this "Chance of a lifetime"

Just don't sign up for any log cabin/Lochside holiday homes.......especially if the "jocks" talk with a broad Sourthern accent!

My jam may be the less sticky option ;)~

Wendy Perry 3

Reaction score
Don't worry Paul i won't sign up for nothing.... :)

your Jam sounds very ermmmm sticky to me ;)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good luck Wendy, fingers crossed for you.

We might all get to see you on the BIG screen? Thousands of FM members tuned in to watch you do it.

Hehehe no pressure eh!

G

Grant Lever

good luck wendy,any fishing programmes are good to see,with one of our members in it will be even better........

captain carrott

Reaction score
i'll cross some things for you. i'll even go and annoy my boss to make him cross as well if you like.

L

Les Clark

Nice one captain but don`t make him to cross or you could be on the high road .

Wendy keep at it mate ,you will get there and don`t forget all the lowlife on F.M when you do .

Jezzer

Reaction score
"If that isn't bad enough you have to return to to a menu of 'haggis and neeps' for tea..."

Heh! There's nothing wrong with haggis, neeps and tatties.......

......especially when deep-fried.

J

john ledger

Good luck Wendy you can do it my love.
Have confidence in your own ablity and if the coach gets randy give one where it hurts for me.
When are you coming up to see us yorkie boys?