Daft question! Rod tip lights.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I need to get some.
I've taped those snappy ones to the tip before, but I want to get some propper ones.
I can't remember what they are called and don't know which ones are best.

E

EC

Drennan do them, as do someone else, the method of atachment differs tho Steve!

Drennans are about a fiver or so for 2!

E

EC

Thats the one Jim!

Differs to the drennan one, which is a series of clips that go around the quiver, the istotope fastens it in place!

W

Wolfman Woody

The Drennan ones are here Steve.

The Enterprise ones you will need to buy separate isotopes and I didn't like the fitting anyway as I kept lossing the lights. They popped out soemtimes when the line caught them. I put those chemical lights in them, but it is expensive overall. The Drennan ones are much better fitting and last, as Graham says, about ten years.

Drennan doesn't have a product website. Tsk tsk!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Those isotopes ain't any good Wol, they only last ten years, have you fished the lower Severn lately?"

No, should i?

shep

Reaction score
why dont they invent quiver tips that have small lights in the eyes so that you can see them in the dark .. i got fed up of istopes tangling n stuff and made a bar that is two foot long and is slightly angled that fits onto the bank stick this then has a light that fits onto the end shining up on to the rings so you can see every nock and movement //belive me it works and works well the trent barbel nock the bait a lot nore than screem of because they can be very wary

Paul Morley

Reaction score
surely that bolloxes your nite vision? Isotopes are mesmerising but you aren't squinting into light, then having to adjust? Blimey, stick your finger round your reel line....

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Steve long time no chat....
Get the enterprise ones as the Drennans snag lines too easily,two are better than one for rods in the air and one is good for single rod down by the water.
I have never lost an isotope from them as they are quite a tight fit,if they do pop out a drop of glue would sort it
Cheers Matt

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Matt, hope you're doing well mate.

I bought the Drennans, I fitted them really tight and had no probs, two worked a treat.

Tight lines mate.
Steve.