Tackle Prices

R

Ron Clay

I have just returned from a business trip to the Netherlands. No fishing of course but I did get to visit a tackle shop in Den Bosch.

The latest Shimano 8000 bait runners were priced at 114 euros. Packets of Drennan Continental boilie hooks at 3 euros, Fox micron bite indicators at 25 euros and really top class Wychwood tackle bags at 30 euros.

Seems much less than here

Any comments

R

Rob Brownfield

Its a bugger aint it! Fox, made in uk, more expensive in the UK...same as Hardy fly rods...about 20% cheaper in the States!

R

Rob Brownfield

Ron, did u get there address?...I would think it would be easier to buy stuff from Holland rather than the States...

R

Ron Clay

You might be right Rob. They had an enormous variety of lures in stock, some of which looked reasonably priced.

The shop was Glaudemans Hengelspoort, Erasmusstraat 3, 5216 HM Hertogenbosch,
Nederland.

Tel: 0031 73 623 10 85

What looked really nice was some of the small multipliers from ABU at very good priced - about E80.00 I think.

R

Rob Brownfield

I have a mate off to Holland tomorrow...looks like i am going to have to give her a list of lures :eek:)

Thanx Ron

C

Craig w

The prices are good only if you have to go there, (or know someone else who is going) by the time you pay postage etc its getting close to the price we pay here, so is it worth the hassle of buying from holland.
What happens if you need to send something faulty back to them? how long would it take to get sorted?
........from experience of buying products (not fishing) from europe it can be a real hassle & a long time without the goods while it gets sorted and replaced/repaired.
At the moment it takes even longer to send & receive out of the UK because of all the extra security in the postal system due to the sad events in the USA in September & all the anthrax worries.

C

Chris Bishop

We are getting ripped off over here aren't we.

Even British-made gear is cheaper in Europe, esp now some of our methods are taking off over there.

Ron, you should have took your gear - top zander in them polders, virtually everyone speaks English and the beer's cheap.

R

Rob Brownfield

Craig, if I bought an alarm from Holland say, and it went wrong..it would go back to the manufacturers in the UK...If they say take it back to the shop...I would say "I bought it secondhand"..simple..lol

R

Ron Clay

It's not just the beer and tackle that's cheap. Food, cars, fuel, gin and SCOTCH whisky, fags, clothes, hotel rates, restuarants, bus and train fares etc, etc, etc ad infinitum!!!

I payed E35.00 a night including English breakfast for an hotel in Den Bosch. In London a similar hotel would cost E150.00 without breakfast!!

It all makes my blood boil.

W

william kirkwood

If you told manufacturerit was a secondhand
bite alarm they would not replace under a warrenty would they?