NO DECISION YET ON FISH IN TIDAL WATERS

I

Ian Cloke

No decision has been given so far about the ownership of fish in tidal waters, which one fishery officer has maintained is not in keeping with the understanding of those who have bought outright the sections on the tidal Trent.

If this particular officer is correct, then the legal department which drew up the documents, signed by various Yorkshire and Lincolnshire clubs and associations, looks likely to have to repay monies they received a long time ago for supposed fishing rights. This could be considerable, especially if interest is demanded.

I have little doubt that an explanation will be found, I just hope that no change will occur which would denigrate from the value of the fisheries to those who have owned them for so long.

This has arisen out of the vexed question of eel nets being allowed in waters owned and used by angling clubs.

Such eel nets not only are a nuisance to the anglers, but also fish get caught in the nets, and often get killed, stolen or sold.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
It is time that eel netting was outlawed. the eel populatiuon is at 1% of what it was when I was a child.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Get down the fens Lee. Last time I was there I caught 20 of the beggars.

Was I tempted by the London price for these things?

No, I put them back.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've caught quite a few eels this year (small ones, while chubbing or barbelling) and pseaking to a couple match anglers they've caught more too. Hopefully the eel situation is on the mend.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
i never though i would say this, but this is good news. Whilst i dont like catching eels, i do respect them, amazing creatures.