Weil's Disease and Barry's comments

W

Wolfman Woody

Nothing wrong with washing your hands in the lake to clean the dirt off providing you have no open wounds, but you must then wash them with an alcohol cleaner to kill the germs. After that, they're as safe and germ free. It's what I'm teaching every youngster now.

Perhaps the reasons these ad agencies don;t want to use anglers is it they have to pay them ?600+ to use their photographs. Much easier to doctor some old stock pictures.

R

Rodney Wrestt

I always cary one of the bottles of cleanser which kill off 99.9% of the germs, as you say Jeff, a quick wash and then a once over with the cuticura and it's lunch time :eek:)

Also, On the subject of these counter hoops instead of keepnets, what would the policy be for the angler who manages to land a large pike after it's gorged itself on bite sized pastie carp etc, would this angler win on a multi buy type scan?

This gives the sentence "you want chips with that" a new meaning.

B

Bully

"and if you have any doubts at all about the grossly unpleasant Weil's disease, then I suggest you talk to those anglers who have suffered."

Had it......and frankly I thought I was going to die.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

" I always cary one of the bottles of cleanser which kill off 99.9% of the germs,"

And what about the other .1% ???.....
they are probably the ones that kill you

W

Woodys angle

"Well I suppose they need a clause just in case :eek:)"

Often refered to as the sanity clause, but I don't believe in sanity clause.

Symptoms like flu so I believe, only ten times worse and you can't shake it. Ken Townley had it about 18 months back.

B

Bully

John - basically I just went down with a severe fever, high temp etc. and basically my testicles swelled up to the size of melons!

Apparently it can attack various parts, and I got unlucky!!

I was on a drip for about 6 days, and didn't get out of hospital for 14 days. Really nasty.

P

paul williams 2

If my memory serves me well the late John Sidley had weils.....he came through it but was taken early........makes you think eh?

I can never eat that bit of the sarny that my mucky hands held!

W

Wolfman Woody

"I can never eat that bit of the sarny that my mucky hands held!"

Put each sandwich in a sandwich bag and eat it from within the bag so your fingers never touch the food. However, the germs/virus are still on your fingers, and people do wipe their mouths and pick their noses, all of which transmits the disease.

That sounds bad Bully. Pity you didn't put your testicles on view and made a charge. They would have done in Blackpool.

P

paul williams 2

I can't enjoy a sarny whilst holding it with a plastic bag!!

It gets in the way of my nose picking finger!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

sanity clause

Shouldn't that be 'Sanitary' clause

Terry Harvey

Reaction score
I've had it spent a week in dry dock 3days of morphin I floated 6ft off the bed.

Eels will cross fields at night in the rain or very heavy due, I know me and my dad used to go and get a couple of the bigger ones and have them for breccy, fried not jellied.