Detailed locations in Venues Topic

J

John McLaren

Steve, you ask: "Is this forum meant to be a communication aid between close fishing friends or an information aid to other fishermen ?, I know people don't want to disclose exact locations and this is understandable but surely "clubs and there stretches" won't give away too much and avoid the obvious "above preston" which is meaningless . Perhaps i'm expecting too much info from this forum."

I think the answer to the last comment is probably "yes". Most posters regard the info as general reports aimed at giving a picture of what is coming out to which methods and the stretch of the river is very much secondary. In addition some clubs have an absolute ban on any info that would identify their waters.

I don't know if you were being tongue in cheek by reporting location as: "Fallen tree peg , top of wigan stretch" but if not it is the sort of infomation that many are strongly opposed to giving on the basis that anglers should be encouraged to develop their own watercraft to i/d swims for themselves and not given chapter and verse on actual locations.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I have been saying this for years John, but got slammed down for it.
All of a sudden people are all for keeping it quiet. Why? what has changed?

J

John McLaren

I didn't realise you had been "slammed down" Baz I'm surprised anyone would dare.:)

Most people I know would not give precise details but general information about catches is regarded as fair, and that has always been the case so far as I am concerned.

P

Phil Hackett disability bad speller with Pride

Haven't posted on the R threads for some time and those who know me know why.

And that's the way it's going to stay, far to many parasites in the river these days!

E

Eric Hayes

Well said Phil. but I bet if you did still post to the Ribble thread you could find a damn good excuse for doing so ;)

Dont get me started....