BS Research and Conservation Auction

Steve Pope 2

Reaction score
The Barbel Society is conducting an Auction commencing Saturday 16th September which will run for two weeks. The aim is to raise funds for our Research and Conservation initiative. The idea being that the money will be available to help and assist with projects that impact on the Barbel and Barbel Anglers. Pete Reading heads our Rand C Team.

There are some wonderful items on offer and I?m posting this with the agreement of Graham Marsden in case there are members of this forum who would welcome the opportunity to bid.
As this is for Society members we would like to encourage you to join, as I?m sure that you would want to support this new Conservation initiative that is for the benefit of the whole Barbel community.

You can view the auction list and join by visiting our website at http://www.thebarbelsociety.co.uk/auction.htm

Steve Pope.

T

The Monk

A great idea by the Society Steve, I fully support any initiative for fish research and conservation. Has the Society considered running this initiative under the auspices of the SAA who may be able to access to funding through the various professional bodies?

F

Fred Bonney

Eddie,you join the Society and bid from September 16th.

W

Woodys angle

Can I stick a little fly in the ointment and ask, what Research and Conservation initiative?

It's just that back in 2000, the BS had some ?20,000 in the bank, an elected R & C officer, and the amount spent on R & C was - nowt! I just wonder what's changed and what R&C work has been done already?

Before anyone asks - no I am not a member any more and will not be rejoining ever, but I feel that anyone coming onto my (as a FM member) website and plugging another organisation gives me a right to ask.

Deanos

Reaction score
I don?t care if they spend all the money in a local massage pallor Woody!, they have a ?190 barbel rod up for grabs?this is just what I need for my image?if I crack this it will be a slap in the face with a wet kipper for old Marzipan!
I bid ?2.00 the name is Derrick Deanos Mr Pope.
I don?t care if they spend all the money in a local massage pallor Woody!, they have a ?190 barbel rod up for grabs?this is just what I need for my image?if I crack this it will be a slap in the face with a wet kipper for old Marzipan!
I bid ?2 the name is Derrick Deanos Mr Pope.

T

The Monk

I`m sure after that post Deanos, the lads at the local massage pallor oopps I mean BS will be wrapping your rod as i write

Steve Pope 2

Reaction score
Just to let you all know that this has turned out to be a great success and has raised a substantial amount already.

The Society will be using the money raised to become involved in Conservation projects in any part of the country.

This will be an ongoing initiative and will be at the forefront of Barbel Society activity.

We will keep everyone informed via the press and the internet as things develop.