Women The Underdogs???

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Who has fed the Angling Times with this load of rubbish, that female anglers aren't taken seriously?

I notice that somebody else (a female ) has jumped on the "us poor women" bandwagon for the second week running.

I can say quite honestly that I have been swore at, abused, and been given a hard time equally by male and female anglers. They are no different to us and are as equally as foul mouthed as the men when they don't get their own way.
Men pee in the bushes and women do the same.

If women anglers really want to go on about haveing equal rights as us men in the fishing world........I'll leave it at that for now.

Deanos

Reaction score
I personally would pay more attention to female anglers if they wore little hot pants and a tight blouse like daisy duke!?and perhaps danced suggestively around there seat boxes whilst having a coffee break to that wonderful ?shaggy? record?..
?BOO SHAKALA??.yeah baby!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
In what way do we not take them serious.

If i saw a female angler on the banks of the ribble they would be offered the same advice i would give a bloke. But the problem is i have never seen a female angler on the bank.

Plenty reading books out with there husbands. When i have asked if they have never facied a go they pull a face that could stop a charging rhino.

Growly

Reaction score
Maybe i'm wrong but don't women in general catch bigger fish anyway? - something to do with the pheromones - still if that is the case then if less women fish it leaves us blokes with a chance to catch the 'big uns'!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
You folks should meet my friend Barbara, had more 2lb plus Roach than most of us could dream of. Was in the AT a few years ago with an article on her fantastic success with big Roach. John Wilson fished the water that Barbara had her success on, in fact the same swim I think. He went through his set up and Barbaa said he wouldn't catch, she was correct he blanked.
Concentrates better then 95% of the blokes I know, and I reckon she would kick a lot of our 'arses' in a match.

In fact if i could be arranged would Baz be up for a challenge?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Page 6 of AT this week. On fishing trip to Spain to celebrate 10th wedding anniversary Gary Knowles has Ebro cat to 131 lbs, Lisa has best of 137 lbs.

Congratulations to the pair of you on your wedding anniversary. After 25 years I still can't get my wife fishing.

B

Richard.
It is a well known fact that I can beat any woman in bare knuckle fighting, spitting, swearing, drinking and fishing. Bring her on matey. I'm ready, she's mine, I am the king, I am the king.
Will she cry when I beat her?

What I was refering to was the last two weeks of the Angling Times articles about poor misunderstood women anglers who don't get the same chances as us men. My Ar$e!

The female anglers that I know are top notch anglers. Yes they might have had to fight to get anywhere but it's no different for us blokes.

A lot of the best female anglers are called Wendy.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Lithgow and Perry? The former would thrash 95% of male anglers I know off the next peg

B

I think there were at least two Wendys on the England ladies team at one time Pete. And Wendy Lythgoe will get back up there with the best of them.

Just a passing thought. Who tutored them? Us daft blokes that's who.

dibber

Reaction score
Baz I told you this would happen 12 months or so ago I was not taken seriously then was I not right, I take a certain lady fishing with me and yes she does beat me hand down so what ? good company comes at a price if it means being beaten so what no different to being beaten by a male friend,only thing being you can throw in a man if you are a bad sport a woman now that is a different kettle of fish, not the gentlemanly thing to do is it ,equal rights or not.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Well personally i have NEVER been abused by a male for fishing, i've had the odd silly stupid comments that i should be at home washing and ironing, but never anything really nasty said to me.
You lot on here look after me and help me and i would never slate any of you!

NIGE K

Reaction score
i watched a lady angler yesterday she had two rods with bite alarms looked quite well set up she was casting underarm and catching plenty of fish. i say catching but really she was only hooking them then she would shout for her husband who would then play the fish land it unhook it and return it.wasn,t she missing the best part.

B

Stop picking on the poor woman Nige. (o

It sounds like her hubby is pulling a fast one by useing 4 rods on a 2 rod per member limit water.

J

Jack Pike BA

Have a look on the Ribble this coming Sat evening Bryan The Wife and myself will doing a day ticket section i will try and upload some pics to my gallery tommorrow this woman can catch fish