R. Teme - Talbot Inn - Knightwick

V

Vince Battams

Hello all, Has anyone ever fished this stretched of the Teme, if so can you offer any advice as to best times of year to visit? Many thanks

P

paul williams 2

Low water....summer, to view, then high water Autumn to fish!

alex laurie

Reaction score
I've had some fish from it in low water in August. Corn and meat.
I didn't have many fish, mind you. Some mates have had fish to 11lb plus there.

T

Tony Rocca

I just fished it the once about 3 years ago, quite liked it but only had 1 out, pellet.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Cracking water in the right conditions and I say that because anyone who knows the Teme will know that it is normally very shallow, three to four feet mostly and if it has no colour in it - well I'll leave it to your imagination.

It used to contain a large head of chub and I have even had grayling there as well but it is mainly a barbel water now. Remembering that a ten pounder is a big fish for the Teme, they are there but your average fish will be smaller of course. I don't know what it is about Teme barbel but when you hook one they go like they have a jet up their jacksy, I have also found that 8mm pellets will catch you more fish than 14mm. Personally I wouldn't use a rod under 1.5lb T.C. and preferably 1.75lb because the snags are always very close and you really need to put the pressure on to stop them.

Reaction score
Vince,

Totally agree with Graham on the tackle front, they're called Teme Tigers with good reason and more often than not they will be lying under snags.

As well as small baits (I like tiny sections of pepperami hair-figged to a 10/ 12 Drennan barbel hook or Raptor D7),
long fluoro hooklinks or fluoro/ braid combi rigs improve your chances during the day in clear water.

There are still plenty of chub about and 4lb plus is not uncommon.

Below the Talbot's small stretch is the Worcester and District U.A.A stretch, which holds a good head of barbel and chub and is better for roving about. Day and season tickets from Alan's in St.John's, Worcester.

Hope that helps.

P

pons

They dont have as much water available to the Day ticket angler,as they did,but the water is opposite Worcester and District bit,which is better ,access to the bank being one,and you might even bump into a certain Tref West down there.
Day tickets from Alans Tackle,01 905 422107.

Some very good fishing available,and they 'aint all small !

The Talbot is an excellent hostelry,home brewed beer and quality scoff,bit pricey ,but probably cheap to any visiting suvveners.

Lovely part of the world,full of great Barbel Fishing.
And yes,they "Do 'ang on" a bit.
Turbocharged ,steroid Barbel !
Pons.