HEARTBREAKER

C

Cakey

Just got a half season ticket to a 25 acre lake ( gravel pit ).it has not been fished for years,no features ( except the margins ).very weedy .
Carp and pike used to go 35+.
where would you start !!!!

CAKEY

C

Carp Angler

I'd climb the tallest tree and watch the lake for as many days as I could spare.

If it had no underwater depth variation then I'd then take into account the shape of the lake and the wind direction to try to decide on patrol routes.

I'd then start prebaiting.

I'd then invite Rik up to it for a few days to show my appreciation.

R

Rodney Wrestt

What bait & prebait would you use in a water like this?

D

David Will

A good bet is the North East corner followed by the east and north banks. They receive the warm prevailing winds hence food items and fish favour these banks. The margins is the place to fish.

C

Cakey

Theres no trees to climb,just a 25 acre hole in the ground with thick weed,I have found some gravel bars and a few gullies which seem interesting ! Theres not any paths and no swims any more.Apparently more fish were lost than caught and got the nickname of HEARTBREAKER .
The other problem im trying to overcome is no night fishing .Why I dont know but the owners are reviewing it now !

CAKEY

C

Cakey

Rik
I think I can guest you .Im allowed 5 guest tickets a season (didnt mention 1/2 tickets ).

I'll e-mail a couple of pics to the list if anyones interested.

CAKEY