I can't believe it

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I could be looking at my own son when he was that age.

Uncanny - what a remakable resemblance!

B

Bully

Dont lie - young Jake is really handsome, so how could you sire such a boy!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
How very nice for the lad Alan, don't worry mate the memory is now implanted and he won't forget that, one day he will ask you to take him again all in his own good time.

Where would we be without commercials eh! wink wink nudge nudge. There are those who wouldn't afford that lad the thrill of catching fish like those.

Bill Ling

Reaction score
Smashing article and photos! You can't beat seeing your son catch his first good fish..........until like mine he starts boasting how he catches bigger ones than you. :)

alan

Reaction score
he is definatly mine Ron.

Bill he still boasts about it now, and ended up taking the photo's to school and telling all his friends to go fishing.

Graham thats why i like commericals, the kids get bored easily on the beach if the fishing is slow, same any where else really. but being able to take them somewhere were there is a good chance of them catching something keeps them interested.

i took my 4yr old out the other week, to a little pond just behind me, the plan was for him to use a whip for small fish, but after being smashed to bits a few times i helped him with a rod and reel and landed a bright orange carp at 5lb. thats all 3 kids now having caught something big(to them) and all keen to keep going.

its not just carp they fish for, its any fish and i know as they get older and their attention span increases i can then start going to the places i prefer on the beachs etc with out them gettng to bored.

R

Bully, you are right. I never did sire my own son. He was adopted. My late wife had an ectopic pregnancy that almost killed her at the time.

R

And I don't go around telling concious lies!

B

Bully

Concious or sub-concious??

Good for you mate. While the situation of having to adopt must have been very difficult for you both, I am full of admiration of people who do.

By the way, one of the carp was classified "fish of the day". May have been the biggest, but that tench looked just beautiful. That would have been my fish of the day, even at 4lb....

alan

Reaction score
Ive got to admit Bully that tench was beautiful and he was chuffed with it(as you can guess with the photo)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Tell him well done mate. as they say a picture is as good as a thousand words. Them last 2 tell it all.

P

paul williams 2

Yep.....well managed commercials have much to offer to a father and son weekend!

Ron...... genuine respect on that one.

W

Woodys angle

Brilliant Alan. Another life-long angler in the making.

Didn't know you were left handed though. Not that it matters much.

F

Fred Bonney

Could be, your reel handles are on the 'wrong' side?

Great read by the way,keep them at it.