ANGLING TIMES A YEAR BEHIND!

D

DAN .

being a regular to fishing magic it has come to my attention that i made a clame to barbel on the pole under barbel on the pole total fun at 13 meters, well over a year ago.then a well documented speci hunter used a pole to catch them, this well known angler joins a list of elite names in are sport who appear to get there ideas by reading threads on fishingmagic.com then low and behold post articuls in fishing papers/mags.though i have no problems what so ever with this there has been two resent articuls one in the times and one in tcf mag both anglers are a year late as this has been done! then not so long back another regular posted about monster barbel on this site then as if by magic angling times boasts headlines of monster barbel from the trent!!!!!
so it comes clear that if you want up to date info on are sport you dont need to buy the times all you need to do is log onto forums hear on fishingmagic.com

( i buy the papers each week/month :) )

Reaction score
'No one would have believed, in the last years of the 20th century, that (fishingmagic) affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater (ahem) than man's...yet across the gulf of (cyber) space...envious eyes...slowly and surely drew their plan's against us. And early in the 21st century came the great disillusionment."

H.G.Wells 'The War of the (Fishing) Worlds'

Lurkers? No way!

Seriously? ;-)

shep

Reaction score
right on dan//// was it not last week that or the week before that keith allen wrote about ten things he hated, One of witch was on line fishing sites. But yet hare we are seeing a patten he does not want you to relize where the storys come from. But saying that did he not say that the thames was the best fishing river in england // but if you remember when we went to the fish in only about two fish were caught. hmmmmmmmm!
Is big brother watching you

honslow

Reaction score
Dan I posted about the monster barbel and I write for the Times. And, yes, Fishingmagic is great!

honslow

Reaction score
Actually, I lie, Gary posted about it. Cyberspace will always be quicker than print. And I wouldn't be doing my job properly if I didn't frequent Fishing magic.

D

DAN.

greg wasnt having a pop was just pointing out that you will here things here before most other places thats all.

P

paul williams 2

Greg aint the only "comicman" who looks in.....but he is honest about it and joins in. (as is Richard)

The number of times i have read something on FM and then seen it used by a "angling writer" is unbelievable!

They look on here for ideas......and then to hide the fact they call us sad bathtubs!!!!

D

DAN.

well with regulars like one or two others i can think off how long is it gonna be antill you see something from the bait box section in the times ?
:)

S

sash

I can remember an article in one of the monthlies about barbel fishing on the pole that must be 14/15 years ago (it mentions the original Browning Black Magic pole and was set on a small river, possibly the Teme) so it certainly isn't a new concept.

D

DAN.

pole fishing and the articul was by steve ringer, he fished the severn.
my articul was called barbel on the pole total fun at 13 meters and was posted around this time last year!
and no its not a new concept its been done for years,its just that lots of anglers are affraid of using a pole for such beasts as they are renound for power!