Inspiration

jollyboy

Reaction score
Where did your inspiration for fishing come from?

Mine came from My Dad he fished most his life and this fed down to us Sons...both my brothers are a lot older than me and it was my youngest older brother that showed me the way until I found a footing of my own.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Same here Jolly . dad took me fishing when I was 7 or 8 and then I caught my first fish. Loved it ever since. Wrote an article on here called "Fishing with Dad"you might enjoy. It was sort of a nostalgic look at fishing in days gone by. He has passed on now but, I owe it all to him really.

Last edited:

jollyboy

Reaction score
Same here Jolly . dad took me fishing when I was 7 or 8 and then I caught my first fish. Loved it ever since. Wrote an article on here called "Fishing with Dad"you might enjoy. It was sort of a nostalgic look at fishing in days gone by. He has passed on now but, I owe it all to him really.

I will try the search...but do you have the link to it?

ATB

Kev

jollyboy

Reaction score
my dad took me fishign but as a non angler he didn't show me how to fish - it was other anglers and learning thru trial and error that I learnt

I actualy enjoy going out fishing with my 3 sons although one is a bit of a pain I still enjoy doing something together.... I am sure if I was'nt hooked it would be the same

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I will try the search...but do you have the link to it?

ATB

Kev

I am not sure how to link to it but, if you go to the home page and click any article. As the article appears there is a box titled "search articles" to the left. If you just type in "Fishing with Dad" and the article will appear.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
My Dad and my Uncle first took me fishing, mainly spinning for Trout and Sea Fishing ... but coarse fishing, it was my mates who introduced me to it, none of us really knew what we were doing, but it was a good excuse to stay out all night and get drunk :D

watatoad

Reaction score
Grandfather, his mates, friends dad's, uncles and anybody I have ever seen fishing...yes even sea fishing, I am and have always been totally enthralled and captivated by angling.

jollyboy

Reaction score
none of us really knew what we were doing,
I still get that feeling now

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Grandfather,.
I wish my father was about to help out my kids.....lots will no doubt be lost in translation....I think my Father was more patient then me

watatoad

Reaction score
I still get that feeling now

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

I wish my father was about to help out my kids.....lots will no doubt be lost in translation....I think my Father was more patient then me

I know that feeling and sympathise, the best advice I have ever been given and I pass on, don't take your tackle just you youngster/s and his/her/their tackle. There is no option but to give up your fishing until the basics have been learned by your offspring.

barbelboi

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Again it was my dad. He was a keen angler and having the Lea at the bottom of our garden in Broxbourne until the age of four fishing was the natural thing to do. At the age of four moved to Ruislip in 1952 and with the Colne and Frays on our doorstep, together with the Colne Valley pits I didn’t need much more inspiration. I also had great pleasure teaching my son to fish, unfortunately my father passed away soon after my son was born so never went fishing as a threesome. [/FONT]

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
No inspiration, just a progression from sticklebacks and Daphnia in a net. As soon as I felt that improbable vibration down the ash spar that passed for a rod, I knew what I wanted to do.
Not an angler in the family, so it's a struggle. This'll be my 50th year of struggling; perhaps I should admit defeat!