League Against Cruel Sports and alike

jollyboy

Reaction score
Where does angling sit on the agendas of the likes of the League Against Cruel Sports at the moment? I know at one time it was quite low on there hit list is it still the same?

I know all field sports are under some sort of preasure and with angling there has always been a slight sense of security in the sheer numbers...but things do change.

Simon K

Reaction score
Don't think you'll find anything's changed on the anti side, it's just that with the Tories in power, they know they have virtually no chance of making any lobbying headway.

jollyboy

Reaction score
Don't think you'll find anything's changed on the anti side, it's just that with the Tories in power, they know they have virtually no chance of making any lobbying headway.

A time when the likes of the anti field sports brigade are busy gathering ****.... But it always seems to be the same people tying themselves to trees one year..... no runway the next and then lets protest about this its hard to know where the cycle is atthe moment...............Thanks

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I am sure you will see them rearing their heads again as soon as the revised Fox Hunting Bill is introduced . . . . . . . . .

At least it will keep them away from us for a while I suppose

jollyboy

Reaction score
Well, I am sure you will see them rearing their heads again as soon as the revised Fox Hunting Bill is introduced . . . . . . . . .

At least it will keep them away from us for a while I suppose

Peter for me I would like to see everyone stick together weather something rocks your boat or not... however i feel this will never been the case... I fear it has become to easy just to bury heads in the sand

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Hat: Off i.e. personal comment:

I am not saying that we should not be vigilant, or that we should not band together to fight anti-angling sentiments.

All I am saying is that the 'antis' will be looking to the Party that they financially supported to the tune of GBP1.1 million, in the hopes of trying to maintain that stupid Act, and that alone should keep them pretty busy for the foreseeable future . . . . . .

Moderator Hat: back on.

jollyboy

Reaction score

I am not saying that we should not be vigilant, or that we should not band together to fight anti-angling sentiments.

All I am saying is that the 'antis' will be looking to the Party that they financially supported to the tune of GBP1.1 million, in the hopes of trying to maintain that stupid Act, and that alone should keep them pretty busy for the foreseeable future . . . . . .

PMSL yet another place where members think Moderators can't have an opinion? Bin there done that and have the tee-shirt

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
PMSL yet another place where members think Moderators can't have an opinion? Bin there done that and have the tee-shirt

Jollyboy,
No, don't get the wrong idea, I simply use that whenever discussing 'touchy' subjects, it is so people do not think that my points of view are those of FM, the other co-workers of the Owners.

That's all.

Paul,
Yes, it is because we have all the wrong opinions and little or no intellect, education or morals that we were asked to give up our time to moderate the site lol

Last edited:

jollyboy

Reaction score
Mods can have opinions
Just wrong ones :)
I just bet there are a lot of opinions they would love to air....but the self restraint they apply for the possition they hold will often leave them looking like they are sat on the fence....the thread ain't about mods... Its a thankless task that no member could understand unless you have done the job it's self....Members only see half of the stuff that goes down

Simon K

Reaction score

Don't bet on it. There are always some within them who dedicate themselves to a particular component, e.g. anti-angling, anti-this or that.

It's a peculiar human trait that people seem to unite in a more dedicated fashion when they're against something, than when they're for something.

All the various splinter groups are also funded individually by the Bigger Animal Rights concerns and that runs into a Lot of Money, which Angling itself (as far as I can see) isn't matching.

Windy

Reaction score
Yes, it is because we have all the wrong opinions and little or no intellect, education or morals that we were asked to give up our time to moderate the site lol

On behalf of my clients (no win no fee :)) ((but win and enormous fees :w:w:w)) ie. your fellow Moderators of this forum, I would be obliged for an enormous cheque payable to my Swiss bank account immediately.

If not then I would like further and better particulars as to which of the Mods particularly lacks in intellect, education and morals with full details of each individual failing :cool:. Particularly the moral failings, with photographs if possible and the names (and telephone numbers) of the women and sheep involved...

On second thoughts don't bother with detailed Particulars with regard to Posh Paul*. No win no fee and all that..... no point in taking on the hopeless cases :wh.

Last edited: