Anglers, Litter. Poynton Pool.

Geof

Reaction score
I thought I would check out Poynton Pool today,being new to fishing this area.I could not believe the amount of litter on some pegs.cant blame non anglers either as hook rig packets etc are among it.One peg,about 20 yards from a wast bin had the remnants of ?20 worth of takeaway suggesting it wasnt just kids.I was pleased no one was around because seeing me as an angler amongst all the litter would have shamed me.It is not the only place that anglers wreck with litter,but its the worst Ive seen in ages.Especially with bins nearby.These are not anglers.They do not deserve to be on the bank.Hopefully it is just a fad they will pack in soon.I bet their homes are as dirty and scruffy as the pegs.Take up football.On the M60.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Its depressing. Association sections of River Dane just as bad.Corn and meat cans wedged into hedgerow or pushed into bank. Surely its lighter than when you brought so what the hells the problem taking it home again? I always go home with more litter than I personally have generated.

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry to say, but these people haven't got a full roof. An olive short of a pizza, a sandwich short of a picnic, not the full shilling.

They've been brought up molleycoddled. Their mum's even been up in the bog to wipe their ar$e for them. They don't have any sense of responsibility whatsoever and that's exactly how they treat people, life, and the environment.

W

Wolfman Woody

Meant also to add - we used to ride to Poynton Pool on our bikes as kids.

It seemed wonderful to us then, all very clean and smart and set in quite a posh area. I understand the people who lived there even used to get out of their baths if they wanted a pee!