Rats everywhere ?

Valerie Calvert

Reaction score
Is there an influx of rats ?Everywhere I go fishing I see a rat or two.Irecently went to a site for my holidays and was really put off thi year by seeing so many rats.I did not see them on previous holidays.The owner put down special poison traps but the rats were still running about when I left after a fortnight.As I do not want to catch the disease I am not going there again.Does any one else have the same problems

G

Ged

Nature is taking over.
Must be a good breading year for rats.
Not seen many myself where I live or fish.
Have seen plenty on a well used water where all types of rubbish is left mainly by anglers and just shoved to the side by the owner.

F

Fred Bonney

You've hit in one Ged.
Rubbish is the main problem ,discarded bait and food ,trouble free & easy to find, rats love it.

W

Wolfman Woody

Where's Jimmy Cagney when you need him?

Instant junk food and a wasteful and dirty society. You're never more than 10 feet from a rat, it is said.

I hope I am right now since the walls are more than 10 feet away and I don't think we have any rats under the floorboards. The second most disgusting creature on this earth.

Whenever you do go fishing always wash your hands and then wash them again with an alcohol gel cleaner to kill all germs before touching food. It's Weil's (pronounced "Viles" and it is) Disease you catch

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
By a strange coinkidinky, last night I had this terrible dream where I had this long, tough skinned, hairy tail protruding from my lower back, when I told the wife about it this morning, she said,

"I'm not surprised, you were rat-a##ed when you came home!!!".

Deanos

Reaction score
You have been eating too many pies Merv! :)

(is it time for Baz and the "Mince Pie" joke yet, or do we have to wait until November?).

G

Grant Lever

woody,second most...?know what you mean.global warming is playing a large part in this increase in vermin,plus so called Nature Reserves run by P.C. people with no idea how to run the places,poisoning rats is about as far as they go..ground burrowing vermin are benifitting from milder winters as without frozen ground they can dig and breed all year round..

Valerie Calvert

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies,glad to know it is not only me that has experienced this.The holiday place is very well kept and clean,no rubbish about but it is surrounded by farms which will not be so clean.Weiles disease may be on a come back then.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Not a commonly known fact, but Weil's disease can be caught from your dog if its been licking rat/mouse urine, it remains contagious whilst ever it remains moist.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

There are a few rats on this forum Valerie. Tuck your pants in your socks. I'll tell you a good joke about mince pies near Christmas.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Baz's mince pie joke isn't a joke at all --

It's actually a true story ....