National Angling Collection

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
What do you think about this idea?

I reckon it's about time we showed the world what we're about. This could be just what we need to demonstrate how angling has progressed in fish care and conservation and counter the misleading press that gives the general public the wrong idea.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Nice idea Graham but if you are looking for old tackle to display I heard a rumour that Chris Sandford has it all!!!!!
On a more serious note though the idea has some merit as a form of counter propaganda.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Graham could always just open his garage up as THE National Angling Collection

S

Shrek

WOW!!!!

Nick, I reckon you should win a prize for resurrecting the oldest thread ever.

T

The Monk

I dont think its actually the oldest Adrian, but then again I do have a very slow computer

I do think its about time we had a national angling collection, I know Barrie Rickards and others have spoke about this but nothing every appears to get done, the angling world has so much to offer and I`m sure it would make a major exhibition centre, it could be set up on similar lines (no pun) to York National Railway museum, only without the trains obviously

W

Wolfman Woody

"Graham could always just open his garage up as THE National Angling Collection"

Nah. I have seen the inside of Peter Jacobs' house and not even Chris Sandford can hold a candle to that. He has bit sof stock hidden all over Salisbury, you know. In fact, he got rods hidden in the cathedral spire, they're the only thing holding it up now.

It would be interesting to know which was the first ever FM forum thread, Monk. Perhaps a hard print of that could go into a museum.

T

The Monk

its about 4 behind this one I think, I`ll go and check?? 6XX something

T

The Monk

yes of course its 26183, i`ve just brought it back

see we need a national angling museum to record all these threads and the history of FM

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
". . . we need a national angling museum . . . "

Too true we do, and remembering someone who is 'retiring' at the end of this month, I suppose the only question is whether or not Ron will be the Curator or an Exhibit?????????

Answers please in a plain brown envelope . . . . sent to the 'Boss' - Mr. Marsden ;-)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

And seeing that MacWallet is only 3 weeks behind me!

P

paul williams 2

We could have Ron stuffed and mounted and put on display!

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

i just been on the phone to elton jon and he said he will stuff ron for nothing

S

Steve King

Hah Hah Bob!! Unfortunately I think it is a case of coat, door NOW!!!!

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Graham,

Forget the silly question!
Just read the article and the answer is Yes.
I only wish Barrie had told me about the Angling Mag collection as I have a load of Trout Fisherman mags from Number 1.

Barrie's donation must mean you can now get in his shed?

Colin