Fish wont move

Adam Boyes

Reaction score
Hi

If you have read my other thread

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/UTN/22578/V/9/SP/

You will know im having trouble with bigger fish.

Once again, today I hooked big fish on my local canal but this time it just stayed where it was, it didn't move at all. I kept the line tight and the rod up in the air for ages, I felt a bit silly just sat there with my rod bending in half with nothing happening. eventually I think I pulled too hard and the line came out without my hook on it.

First of all what was this monster and second what would have you more experienced guys have done.

I was using a size 18 hook on my 4m whip with two red maggots.

It seems every fishing session I catch something too big to pull in. Is this lack of experience or my tackle

Cheers

Adam

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Are you sure your weren't caught on a snag?
I think if it had been a fish it would have pulled you all over the place and not just lay there motionless.

Dave Pearce

Reaction score
i agreee with baz .my local river/canal <when float fishing> is similar case. it trots thro a treat then dips like a tap bite.then slowly drifts away like its a bite. i strike bang rock soilid.normally a bike or shopping trolly .but understand how u feel cause i can trot thro the same spot another 10 times and no snag at all. as baz said if it was a fish big enough for u not to move it.it wd be dragging u up and down the canal