Angling clubs- a survey

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Angling clubs come in all shapes and sizes, from big Associations with a host of waters, to small clubs with just maybe or or two waters,a small stretch or river, or indeed no waters of their own at all, ie match fishing groups. Given some anglers seem prepared to pay ?5-7 per day to fish a commercial type venue for one day, clubs would seem to represent tremendous value for money.So why don't more people join a club?
So that prompts a few questions, almost a survey, ( and I am not looking for people to reveal their club's name or waters.
1. How much is annual membership of your club and do they sell day tickets?
2. How many members at present?
3. Does your club vet new members before they are acepted and is there a waiting list?
4. How does your club deal with members who misbehave or are found without an EA licence?
5. How many waters or what length of river do they control, own or rent?
6. Is is possible to say what proportion of the total membership use the waters every week?
7. Do any of your clubs stock waters to the sort of levels one might find in a commercial?
8. Does your club expect members to carry out one or more work parties on waters?

Depending upon the level of response, I will collate the results as best I can and post them online.
On the basis FM has thousands of members, alternatively, Graham ( or even Granville) might like to formulate a formal survey -without the sort of commercial connotations those in AT and AM often run. This isnt about buying power its about the way we fish and where.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

1..No Day Tickets. Senior-?31. Ladies-?16. Intermiediates-(16-18 years) ?16. Juveniles up to 16 years ?9 (All per 12 months)
day Tickets on 2 of our waters.

2..7-8000

3..No. No waiting list

4..invited to come in front of the committee. (fishing suspended until they do) Reminded to get one

5..50 plus

6..No

7..No

8..No. Volountary only

W

Woodys angle

Ah, but what's the joining fee Baz?

1. ?55 - ?30 for junior, no join fee, and YES to day tickets on rivers.
2. c.800
3. no, no.
4. clip corner off card, two clips and you're out. Mine's octagonal :eek:)
5. 6 lakes - 6 rivers - about 6 miles (oops 666 the mark of the beast)
6. no.
7. Define a commercial level.
8. One can always expect, but one may never receive.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

One off joining fee 0f ?31. (W.A.A.)

E

EC

You could do with a proper online form for this Pete, maybe ask Gerry if its possible?

keora

Reaction score
Earlier this year the Angling Times published a two page report on the 50 largest clubs in the country.

Annual subs varied from about ?10 up to approaching ?100 (this was for a club with fishing on the Hants Avon).

The median sub was ?30 per year.