how do i know if its a bite

B

Brendan Ince

i have just started carp fishing and loveing it and evan catching a few . i know this may be a bit of a million doller question but i dont really know when i am getting a bite . i am useing bite alarms and drop indicators . my alarms keep coming up with the odd bleep to which gets me to look at drops if there is no movement there i ignore last time i went fishing there was one time when both was best described as twitching i was getting ready to strike waiting for the fish to take the bait but someone imformed me thet was a bite ? i thourt it wasnt quite taking it . am i missing more fish then catching . any advice would be welcome ty for taking the time to read this thread brendan

L

little sister ( Jeff )

How you fishing mate ?
The carp that i've caught on ponds take the bait and go of like trains, if you didn't have the bait runner on you would loose your rod.

B

Brendan Ince

my fishing not going to bad at all m8 been 3 times 1 st time caught 1 second time got 3 was overnighter and 3 rd time got 6 . one was about 6 or 7 pounds but lads on either side of me was pulling them out alot faster then me . i meathod feeding and if i pullled my stuff in evary time the alarm bleeped id need 10 kiloos off ground bait to go just wondering how to know when a bait is a bait instead of just a fish swiming past my line and the likes ?

E

Evan

"....and evan catching a few...."

Who ratted on me then....?
Certainly caught a few today :)