professional anglers association

A

Ashe Hurst

I was hoping to enrole with the paa and was informed that i would need to find a local club, shop or fishery from where i could work from.I contacted my local shops,clubs and fisheries in a letter or by appointment so as to discuss the use/support. However i recieved very little interest or none what so ever. Also some informed me that there was no need for a pro angling instructor.As a confident all round angler with experience within instruction/teaching youngsters and adults,i felt that i could put my knowledge to a good use.

why was i given a negative respones?
Didnt my face fit or because im not one of the gang? Any thoughts and suggestions?

P

Paul Williams

Ashe,
Many of us believe we need one body whom we can al focus on and all other side issues are governed by the said one body......will it ever happen?....nope! your thoughts on the negative respones are as good as anyones mate!

A

Ashe Hurst

paul.
I did write a letter to anglers mail and CF about 2 yrs ago on the isue of one body for angling,both of wich got published and got me loads of richworth goodies.
I do feel that our sport/way of angling life is too fragmented .its ok to have specific groups within angling but they must all fall under one body.That body must also be able to cope within politics too.

P

Paul Kendall

Ashe

Where are you based, I am an NFA Instructor and we are always on the look out for people wanting to become instructors / coaches.

We are based in Stoke On Trent.

Paul

M

michael hall

Hi Paul I`m only 15 coming on to 16 and in the future I would like to consider becoming
an instructor or a coach! Could you please send me some info on it and what you do and so on to
michael_hall53@hotmail.com
if its not possible then thanx anyway

R

Ron Clay

What qualifications do you need Paul? Being an instructor is something that might interest me when I retire.

I did spend about 15 years teaching fly casting and fly tying in South Africa

Although I suppose they only want people under 25.

P

Paul Kendall

Ron / Michael

Qualifications wise you don't need any - the NFA run courses throughout the country in association with City & Guilds and Sportscoach UK - you need to be able to clear a full police check to enable you to work with children and you need to have a great deal of patience - the coaching course is a 3 day programme and like any City & Guilds based course, you have to be able to present evidence in a folder - so some written & organisational skills required. The most important things are the ability to communicate, be able to plan a session and to love angling !

I and others have qualified through S.A.F.E. (Stoke Angling For Everyone), who are a charitable/volunteer organisation working within the Stoke On Trent postcode areas. We are looking for more coaches to put through the NFA training - criteria being you'd need to be living in or near Stoke, belong to a Stoke based club and once you were qualified you have to be able to commit at least 4 Sundays a season to coaching on S.A.F.E. events (for 2 years).

I have found this to be one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

M

Michael Hall

What is the age requirement? I love children, I have a large tollerance of patients and I love fishing more than words can describe - I`ll give it a go, when I old enough, I have also organised disabled matches which was succesful not bad for a 15 year old!

A

Ashe Hurst

Paul kendall,

I live in Erith,near Dartford north kent.
I was hoping to find regular coaching with the local councils,fisheries and private tuition.My local council have a large park lake which used to be a good fishery,but they have focused on the other water sports and neglected the fish and anglers.

They have closed a large stretch of river to anglers and neglected the only free stretch.I as an angler and local clubs have contacted the council but they dont seem to interested.
As you can tell,im very pasionate about angling,consevation,the management/politics of fishing.
Any suggestions?

D

Dave Godwin

Hi Paul
get a new council voted in !!!
i am a PAA coach and i do a lot of work in conjuction with the leisure dept of my local council, i teach sea and freshwater angling to school kids and the council arrange it all, charge the parents and then pay me
these sessions are now over subscribed every year and it has amazed everybody how well it has taken off in the last two years

Dave Godwin

P

Paul Kendall

Ashe

Sorry about the delay - I'll make some enquiries for you ..... watch this space !

Dave

Can you e-mail me on anglingcoach@madasafish.com with an idea of what you are charging the council ?
thanks

P

Paul Kendall

Ashe

This guy is the Senior regional coach for your area, if you e-mail him or drop him a line I'm sure he'll be more than happy to talk to you about your area

Alan Sandom
39 Belmore Park
Ashford
KENT
TN24 8UW

Email:113023.174@compuserve.com

regards

Paul