Bad Service - Dragon Carp

M

michael buttery

I placed an order on 11th September 2006 through internet site dragoncarpdirect.com.
I did not receive any confirmation of this order.
I telephoned on the 14 September to ask when the order would be delivered.
I was told that they were out of stock of the GroundHugga umbrella, I asked when it would be in stock and was told 3-4 weeks and order would be sent when all in stock.
I said this was to long to wait and asked for this to be deleted from my order and for the other items to be delivered as soon as possible.
I received delivery 18th September.
There are several items missing from Super Saver net pack 2, missing are 1 landing net handle, 1 bankstick and 1 55cm carp landing net.
The 5 tube rod holdall does NOT have a bankstick pocket only an umbrella pocket but shows on picture and when phoned confirmed should have bank stick pocket.
My credit card has been debited for ?84.98 when the order value is ?54.98.
After speaking with several people at Dragon Carp i told them to forget it, cancel the order and and arrange collection of what they had sent.
Unbelievable but they expect me to pay the return carriage even though they have completely cocked up.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Throw it all in the shed and tell them it is there when they come for it.

mibut

Reaction score
First i have to get them to collect, don't see why i should pay the carriage and have no intentions of paying .

F

Fred Bonney

...and don't forget, to tell your credit card company you are in dispute, and get your money credited back to your account.

mibut

Reaction score
Thanks Fred, but not sure if this applies if amount is less than ?100

W

Wolfman Woody

Same as Fred - get in contact with your credit card company.

You've been had!

mibut

Reaction score
Been in touch with credit card company who have said to contact them again on thursday as debit not yet showing on account.
Will let you know what happens.
By the way Dragon Carp are also known as Used Tackle, and looking at how much they must be spending on advertising in the Angling press you would think they could afford to spend some on staff training.

P

paul williams 2

Monkeys and peanuts?

Freds advice is sock on.......

mibut

Reaction score
After sticking to my guns and repeatedly telling them to look at Sale of Goods act and Distance Selling regulations, Dragon Carp collected at their own expense on Friday.
Just checked with credit card company and 2 refunds made, 1 for overcharge and 1 for collected goods.
Thanks to all for advice ...