What your angling weakness ?

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
mine is my casting,which is due to my dyspraxia,my spatial awareness is a little off as is my hand-2-eye co-ordination,but i get by well enough,another weakness would be in the area of groundbaits choosing what to use with what and in what quantaties (retail g/bs)

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Mine is a continual failure to get out of the front door and do it!
Closely followed by general clumsiness and untidiness.
Backed up by a sense of insecurity that won't let me fish without every possibility being covered.
And meanness that leads to me wasting time fishing crap bait over crap feed (though that could just be insecurity, and me blaming perfectly OK baits), and missing bites through not changing hooks often enough.
Basically, my head's a mess!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'm addicted to it. I go fishing when I should be attending to other things that are the basics in life.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Matt you will be okay so long as you follow three rules

1 breath
2 eat
3 drink

You will be fine!!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Lee, I think I need to consider work, money, family, friends, sleep and women a little more too!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
In these last few years, laziness, theres no other description for it. In the past when I went fishing the first thing I did was set up a float rod, my whole reason for being on the river was to float fish. Nowadays its a case of take a made up specimen rod and fish for Barbel or chub, I'm doing it conciously as well and sometimes can't be bothered fishing the float.

Laziness affects other parts of my fishing as well, sitting in a spot and knowing I should move but can't be bothered to, yes I'm getting old, yes I've got health problems, but basically its laziness.

Juan Villar 2

Reaction score
I would say my main weakness is locating fish-holding areas on large lakes e.i. gravel bars, plateaus etc. I've heard of a technique called 'leading' but have never put into practice. First and foremost Im a river angler and most of mmy fishing is done on rivers but I do enjoy fishing small ponds and gravel pitts.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

My biggest weakness at my age is putting angling where it should be - my highest priority.

But work seems to be interferring too much.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
I am honest enough to admit I have so many angling weakness's I sometimes wonder how I catch anything at all. I cannot cast accurately to save my life , I cannot feed with any degree of accuracy with either hand, and am never entirely sure whether I am feeding too much or too little. Additionally, I cannot judge the stretch of long distance catapults consistantly, and I have a remarkable talent for chosing the wrong swim on any particular day. Apparently it follows I should have fished that swim the previos week because everyone else bagged up there. I could go on but you have the general idea by now..
Despite my good intentions I am also inherently lazy and will often take the easiest option available, and will admit to being a total tackle tart.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Heck.
Graham has just described me.

Neil Melton

Reaction score
This thread is so inspiring to a mere beginner like me who literally plays at fishing at the weekend! So many times I've asked myself "am I feeding right?", "have I plumbed the depth properly" etc etc. Not having any friends or family into fishing, I'm relying on self tuition, lots of reading, and most of all plenty of time at the waters edge. So in answer to the question, "What are your angling weaknesses", I think I can safely say everything !!! However I think there are varying degrees of weakness!!

captain carrott

Reaction score
totla incompetence and a tendency to fall in at the drop of a hat, that and an ability to break things with alarming frequency. especially rod tips

L

Les Clark

Too much beer or not enough Jason !

My main weakness is my casting , on the doller one minute and all other the place the next and has for distance casting ,forget it ,total dogs poo !

S

Sean Meeghan

Complete lack of patience! If I haven't had a bite in 5 minutes I start to fidget, play with my tackle(!), worry that the bait has gone, etc, etc

stikflote

Reaction score
my problems feeding i cant hit the end of my pole to save my life the one is losing too many fish off the hook neither can i cast the feeder in same spot twice

Deanos

Reaction score
My level of enthusiasm is only equalled by my level of fishing incompetence, I am quite shite!?in fact I have made a serious study of how shite I actually am, in fact now enjoying my fishing more than ever because I have found my true level of angling incompetence and am at peace with the universe!

Here is to the next float stuck up the next sodding tree!

R

Robert Woods 1

Mine is reading too many catalogues and trying to keep up with the latest rod fashion.