Trev Tomlinson Catapult

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester
  • Start date
B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Haveing used the Trev Tomlinson Whopper Dropper catapult for groundbaiting, I have to say it is the best I have used.

8 balls of groundbait all on a dustbin lid at 60-70 yds.
They seem to use "long" soft elastic, so I don't know if it would be as good for people with short arms.
To get the full stretch, even for me, you would need arms like Big Rik .
I am sure 100 yds would be possible. Have you used one or do you know of any better?

alex laurie

Reaction score
Baz,

I agree. I've used various groundbait catties and have never found anything to touch it. The cup design is spot on (once you get the knack of balancing the ball of bait on it). You have to keep the balls smallish - tangerine rather than orange sized and they really fly a long way.
I think the soft elastic is the key to its accuracy. There is a more powerful elastic on a Drennan 'pult I have, but I find it more difficult to put the bait in a confined area because my arm trembles when I pull it back. Also it is more difficult to control distance with a short travel of elastic.
With the Whopper Dropper, you just straighten your arm, aim keep steady and keep the same trajectory. Easy peasy.
I used to use mine at Castle Loch, Lochmaben, where accuracy at distance is essential.
I have short arms, but I don't just pull the cup back to my chest. I pull past my side(I think).

B

The same as me mate.
My right arm out straight, and my left holding the pouch down past my side. The accurassy was amazing. And no bruised knuckles.
People watching me must have thought, bluddie hell he's good isn't he. Hahahaaa.

L

Les Clark

I brought a Drennan pult about a month ago , sopposed to be all right up to 80 yards ,used it when fishing twice ,well less than twice and the bloody things elastics broke ,tried to cut it back but a waste of time .

alex laurie

Reaction score
Les,

You could always stick some spare elasics for the Tromlin pult on your Drennan. The cup is basically the same I think.
The elastic is what makes the WD so easy to use.

Baz,
Do you think there is a call for a national catty championship?
Two events. Accuracy and distance.

R

Robert Woods 1

When me and my Mucker went breaming in Ireland we always aimed our cattys at objects on far bank for acurracy. Unfortunatly due to much Guinness we often choose cows who as you know do move...lol

B

I think this is the secret with the Tomlinson pult Les. The elastic is soft so you don't have to concentrate on trying to pull it back.
Get one mate you wont be disapointed. I was amazed at how accurate and easy it was.

That's an interesting thought Alex. Giveing somebody a face full of brown crumb and soggy cornflakes at 100 yds could be interesting.