Invention

G

Gary Knowles

My brother and I were discussing what the best item of tackle to appear on the market recently was and we both agreed it was the Nightlight Adaptor, by enterprise tackle.

This little piece of kit was what the market had been waiting for for ages. No need to whip a rubber onto your rod tip anymore, especially when the rod doubled up for bream and tench fishing on stillwaters.

Enterprise tackle have created a superb, cheap and simple solution to a problem that has been about for ages.

Anyone think of something better that has recently hit the market ?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Lovely big, plush sleeping bags!

But apart from those, LED torches must rate pretty high on the list.

D

David Granger

not recently but years ago a float was sold that went UPSTREAM i a born sucker bought one it was huge with a cork body and strange fins,i tried it on the medway and IT DID go upstream ,unfortunatly in a zig-zag manner makeing controll impossible and its sheer size impractical ,i expect a lot of todays goodies will go down (or up)the same path as this float and in years to come people will say do you remember those "whatevers" and raise a titter

C

Carp Angler

I agree about the Enterprise Tackle gear.
Along with the rod tip adaptors, their fake baits are fantastic.

See them here

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
PVA, bags and string, has got to be in the top three surely.

R

Rob Shallcroft

Floating - braid for trotting baits
for pike on rivers - no more bloody
line greese.

R

Rodney Wrestt

F.M. (best source of info on every aspect of fishing IMHO)

soft lead free shot

pellets (other flavours than fishmeal)

digital eqipment (wire free operation)

waterproofs that are waterproof & breathable

safe lead clips

Fish friendly nets (Landing & Keep)

W

Wendy Perry

I agree with top one Rodney but i'd have said Graham Marsden and Fm and everyone on here you lot have helped me out a great deal !!! so thank you :eek:)

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
The new Petzl head torch is brilliant for tying rigs at night, not to bright, a soft blueish light.

The Seymo loop tyer is also brilliant, shame they don't make it in metal.

C

Chris Bishop

Most of the innovation seems to be carp/barbel oriented these days, not surprisingly.

D

Dave O'L

The Newark Needle float??????? ;o)

"F.M. (best source of info on every aspect of fishing IMHO)"
"I agree with top one Rodney"

I see that Rodney & Wendy are making a strategic early move to try & secure the prizes for next competition. LOL

D

Dave Johnson

Most of the bits coming from Enterprise are simple, cheap but very effective, rubber casters, night tip adaptors, swivel covers etc-practical solutions to everyday years old problems.

Dinsmore screw banksticks-they even go in at Atcham!!!!!

Lucido/Petzl diode head torches.

Bread ........

new wonder carp bait,......gozzers....

Flourocarbon.

S

Stuart Bullard

I like those carbon bank sticks that Graham reviewed recently. Very, very light and well made.

R

Rodney Wrestt

John Roberts have came up with some nice bits as well like the soft rubber wind proof rests (Lumin, loomumin, lounmim.......Glow in the dark ones) soft beads, bait tags and stops.

J

John Pleasance

I've been very impressed with the effectiveness of fluorocarbon hooklinks.I tried it last summer (2000) and landed an 11.3 barbel second cast another of 9.2 about ten minutes later,and then four chub.This all took place in daylight which was quite a novelty.

D

Dave O'L

I think that it has to be the fact that reasonable kit can be bought comparatively cheaper than it was when I was 'yon youth'!