Suitable spots for disabled angler Trent Newark

noneckcantfly

Reaction score
Hello all
Been fishing for many years but had to stop 5 years ago at 36 years old due to iil health. Now slightly better and back on my feet a little and hoping to get back on my beloved river trent. My question is this
I can no longer walk anywhere with my gear so therefore need to park and fish from my boot so to speak. I fish around Newark and know of the areas such as scrapyard off mill yard in centre of Newark, long lane at Farndon and just past farndon the stretch with about 60 pegs behind the petrol station that used to be called willow tree farm I think but do people know of any other suitable areas? I literally need to be able to park and fish. Not lazy and I used to love Holme Marsh which some will know is a bit of a trek but no more.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ashfield Angling Club have a stretch of the Trent at Stoke Bardolph with specially designed disabled access. Only 16 miles from Newark.

Have a look at there website. Click HERE

Hope that helps :)

noneckcantfly

Reaction score
Thanks for the info ****y. Could you confirm exactly which stretch has the disabled pegs please? If it the one I think it is the problem I forsee is that you have to drop your gear at your peg then park your car and walk back? Even that may be to much for me that's all. I'm luckier than some in that I can still fish but I'm very limited in where. I'm not sure if it's true but the Trent is more accessible than it has been for sometime but I'm finding that in most cases(not all) the best pegs are not where you can park but that's the Trent for you.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I know just the spot at Sutton on Trent just up from Newark. We have a beach with parking, as long as you remember there is a tide!

You need to be a Barbel Society member, or know somebody who is though.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info ****y. Could you confirm exactly which stretch has the disabled pegs please? If it the one I think it is the problem I forsee is that you have to drop your gear at your peg then park your car and walk back? Even that may be to much for me that's all. I'm luckier than some in that I can still fish but I'm very limited in where. I'm not sure if it's true but the Trent is more accessible than it has been for sometime but I'm finding that in most cases(not all) the best pegs are not where you can park but that's the Trent for you.

Hi mate,

I can't tell you which of their stretches at Stoke Bardolph it is the one with disabled access as I'm not local.

I was just a bit disappointed by the lack of response on the forum to your request so I did some internet searching... :)

You can contact the club direct and ask via THIS page on their website.

richiekelly

Reaction score
you can now park behind some of the swims at thumpton which is also controlled by ashfield,

John Howard

Reaction score
You dont state if your disabled? If you have a blue badge then this club is ideal. P.A.D (practical angling for disabled.) They have a stretch of river at Barrow on Trent. Out of 20 pegs only 3 mean a short walk all others are easily accessible by car. Phone Barry on 01332 665730

noneckcantfly

Reaction score
Hello John
Yes I'm very much disabled (took me a while to admit that) and have a blue badge. I'm also a war pensioner as my injury was whilst serving in Iraq 1991 not that makes much difference. I suspect that stretch may be a journey to far as I live near Peterborough which is why I mentioned the Newark area. I don't mind driving for around an hour but much more and my bones stiffen up and I'm next to useless the other end. Thanks.