line bow

Dave Pearce

Reaction score
been fishing my local river <is slow running> when trotting tro slowy finding that my line is floating in big bow in front of my float. i correct the line by flicking it back behind the float and tightening the excess but then the float drifts in towards the bank. any suggestions on how i can stop this. ive read the article about trotting but dosent say much about this. may be if tighten my line after cast and pull a little line at a time thro the drag might help but any help or suggesrtions wd be much appreiciated

P

paul williams 2

Dave....there are far better float anglers on here than me but how far out are you fishing and what type of float are you using?

P

paul williams 2

Dave.........as i said there are better float anglers than me on here..but..personally if new to trotting i would not use a small waggler.....i would use a top and bottom fixed float, the line is easier to hold back and control.

I don't know your water but i would fish anywhere with a good medium Avon type float.......i always use them when easing myself back into moving water float fishing.......they are very "acommandating"

i appreciate that sometimes a waggler is the only option, but then i would fish heavier rather than lighter........a heavy float under control is far more efficient than a light one out of control?

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

You would be better trotting the float not much more than a rod length out Dave. This will give you better control over your float.

Dave Pearce

Reaction score
thank u guys will try it in the morning thanks for taking ur time to reply

Dave Pearce

Reaction score
had a blinding day had over 30 fish nothing smaller than a half pound roach but included 3 perch at a pound plus and my biggest ever bream at around 3lb thought things cdnt get much better till just before dusk when i struck in to a slab of a bream weighed in at just over 5lb. went with the advice of a top and bottom heaveiar avon and also stuck to being just arod and half length out ,thanks guys for ur help worked a treat one happy boy will sleep well tonite. once again thank you i admire ppl like u and baz who are obvisly good anglers but still take the time out to help mere mortals like myself CHEERS FELLAS the only bad thing about my day was my digital camera ran out of battery but never mind