THE BIG BREAM FISHIN

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Ive just been reading the article about the The Big Bream Fish-in and boy did i laugh.Ive already seen the lake owner about next years and i can book 12 -13 pegs on his lake, hopefully in April. A lovely mixed fishery set in sunny Licolnshire, good facilities to.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

What do you want for taking a dump in? Stainless steel bog seats or what? There is no way I am going to let this water make a monkey out of me. I'll be back there one day, and I will have them out.

Doesn't our Wendy look like a glamour puss?

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
A bog seat would have been nice Baz.I bet the bream will have just about eaten all that ground bait you and Peter put in!

B

I was pre-baiting it for tomorrow Richard. I couldn't get down there every night so I put it all in at once.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Sounds like you all had a great time, despite the lack of fish.

Fish-ins aint all about catching fish!

Nice read.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Hope to make the next one if you do another Baz. Read like you had a good time anyhow.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Cor, what was that secret bait Bryan showed us? that was ripe I can tell you, it put me right off nicking his lovely sarnies. Richard was that a glint of moisture in your eye when you had to say goodbye to the goat?
You can definately put me down for your fishin next year.
The fish are still feeding on Bazs groundbait, he was wopper dropping and spodding for 3hrs solid before he asked me why hadnt I got a bait in yet. I was too scared to go near the lake edge while he was performing.
Thanks Richard,Peter,Wendy Eddie,graham and Bryan for the entertaining time, classic fishin style.
Just sorry I couldnt get to meet up with Richards mates, they were fishing dead opposite and they were the only skilled anglers on the lake because I saw them catching.
It has been a great scene setter for the biggy of the year the Ribble Fishin(December?), not forgetting John Ledgers fishin next month, so come on lads dont be strangers go to a fishin and meet some cracking company.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
It was nice to meet you all and next time i will be fishing with you all so watch out!! :)

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
A great combined article outlining events from each individuals perspective. As I said, catching bream was academic. The object of the excercise was meet to put faces and personalities to many of the names who post regularly and in that context the day was a big success. Lots of good banter.
Just one request for the future. If we do get together again can we ensure we book some swims so that we can all sit and fish as a group. Now that would be fun!
And yes the Barnsley whissssle does exist.
Finally, I am a bit worried about Richard-the lad obviously spends too much time on his own inside that bivvy. One minute he can't take his eyes off the goat then has his head turned by 25 stone Mrs Knutsford and her pink G string.
Apparently she paid ?15.99 for it but ?14.50 worth has disappeared up her...
Bet you would have been so disparaging if it had been camo colour.You would have said
" oh, that very fetching. Is it in the TFG range!"

P

paul williams 2

Wendy......you were very well dressed by the look of your photo....just for a load of blankers!

If you keep teasing me like this i'm going to stalk Mrs Knutsford instead!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I had to make the effort Paul just incase you happen to be there....;)

I'm sure Mrs knutsford won't mind a handsome chap like you stalking her, but....if you make her jam i will be mad!!!

B

I don't understand it when some of you said the owner had no idea we were comeing. I spoke to him only the day before.

I'll have a chat with the water keeper to see if he will do a weed cutting programme on there. Then again it keeps the idiots off.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Weed cutting Baz? it was like a mangrove swamp in there. He should throw in a couple of crocs and turn the place into a theme park.

B

I am debating wether to go back tomorrow or not. Believe me it isn't that hard for Bream. according to met check the last couple of weeks have forcast very poor fishing.

I will probably end up on a water that is hard but has better rewards when you do catch.
Time is getting short for the Bream season, so I really want to concentrate on the harder water while their is still time.

I had this same feeling earlier in the year when I was after a big Tench. I can feel it in me watter. I'm sure I can pull it off.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
I was on the Trent earlier this evening and as the mist rolled down the river at sunset, I felt it was getting near to the time when I should start aiming to catch myself a pike on the river. Anyone think it a bit early yet? Maybe there could be some pike in the boundary waters Baz?

B

There are a few in there Tom. Not to any size though.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Yes Peter where im arranging next years we will all be able to fish together,if you go on Langdalelakes.co.uk,you'll see, ill book the course lake nearer the time,its easy to get to as well.Its only 2 acre lake,but lots in it.