What are high attract visual pop ups

A

Alan John Degville

Carp Angler.
What are high Attract visual pop up's do they have to boilies ,or can the they made from boilie mix into a paste ,has my club's water doesn't allow boilie's. I thought they may give me an edge on our poolin winter not many fish it true Carp style,they just fish it method match fishing style.all year round &i thought a different approach may catch me more fish.

C

Carp Angler

Most pop-up mixes necessitate the cooking of the paste, either by frying or microwaving, so you could get around your Draconian rule by saying that they aren't boiled, but this just tends to antagonise the authoritarian bailiffs/committee.

You can make pop-ups from paste, but you would have to mould the paste around a cork ball.
Baggin' waters should respond well to this method as it picks up cruising/browsing fish and most of these types of pools have a stocking density that means the fish are constantly on the move and actively looking for food.

J

Jon Moores

Try Marzipan round a cork ball. It's visual, instant and defensible to even the most officious bailiff! Very effective on waters that ban boilies and nuts.

W

Wendy Perry

Can i ask what may be a silly question to you lot but what are pop up's are they like the chum mixer to use on top ?? if so do you buy them or make them i am off to Brookside fishery again on Friday and want to try something else

R

Rob Brownfield

Wendy, pop ups are what page 3 models have *wink*

They are a boillie (or come to think of it, a deadbait etc) that is made to float. They are generally fished on a hooklink of say 8 inches, but have a small counter weight on the hooklink about 1-3 inches from the hook. This way the boillie "pops-up" above the bottom a few inches.

Make sense?...hope so :eek:)

W

Wendy Perry

no doesn't make sense to me i guess i better carry on reading my fishing book Rob heheheheheheh i haven't used boilies yet as well they go on a hair rig don't they so do you do the same with pop ups ??

R

Rob Brownfield

Wendy...u can, but most tie the baits on to a "d" rig. If u mount them on a hair, u can make them soak up water, therefore making them sinkers, because the hard skin is pearced.

W

Wendy Perry

oh boy this is getting confusing Rob sorry if i am getting you frustratded but it's hard when you haven't got a clue what things are i get frustrated myself with it all and wish i knew what i was doing, i'm so determined to try different things tho but i suppose thats where everyone starts hey ah well i shall keep reading :eek:) thanks anyway Rob

A

Alan John Degville

Thank's for the info i'll try it as soon has i'm able to go fishing again.
Cheer's Larry