Manor Farm Harvington Evesham

bill_law

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone in here has any knowledge of fishing Manor Farm as I am going there on Saturday. I have viewed the Manor Farm website

I intend fishing one of the lakes during the day then moving on to the river in the evening and if going well fish in to the night.

If I could catch a nice Barbel or two from the river I would be made up and intend posting pictures as proof.

Any help will be gratefully received and you might just make an old man very happy.

Cheers,

Bill

fireblade999

Reaction score
Hi mate and sorry for the late reply.

You will have been by now and found out for yourself.. I had a **** time if i.
'm honest, how about you? The old boy who owns it came and greeted us with a load of B S about loads of fish, huge barbel, perch chub 60pound carp etc. Record breaking fish were no where to be seen.

There is another forum about Manor Farm Harvington and loads of people say the same, this bloke has lost his marbles!!

I fish the stretch next to it and had a much better time (cheaper too) through the gates on the right as you go down to Manor Farm.

Tight lines next time huh?

Bill

river_banksy

Reaction score
I fished there in june Bill, i think the guys name,s Ken and your right he is full of **** but we had 3 great days fishing with barbel to 11.5 and a personal best chub of 7lb 2oz, ive been told by other lads that its a very moody fishery, we have been twice now and caught well both times so we must have hit it spot on.

fireblade999

Reaction score
Hi Don Man, sounds like you had a good time. I am sure it fishes well sometimes but clearly not when we went. The problem I think was the water was so low and clear, the fish might be spooked by this. The island pegs we fished were very open and to my mind would have spooked the fish off but we set up there on the advise of Ken (sure your right about his name) He said that if I fish close to the boom that crosses the river I wouldn't fail to catch. I did catch lots of (small) Dace, Chub and Roach but nothing of any size. I thought the bigger stuff might come on late in the evening but it didn't. By morning I was so dejected I couldn't be bothered to set up else where.
A very expensive trip in fuel, loads of bait and £14 each to fish!!!
A real shame, I thought he was the sort of bloke I could trust but hey, not always the case.

troutstream

Reaction score
just got back 3 days of ****fishing as water very low and clear although went on lakes last day and bagged up..should ave done this at the start. i will be checking river conditions before heading there again ;)

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

just got back 3 days of ****fishing as water very low and clear although went on lakes last day and bagged up..should ave done this at the start. i will be checking river conditions before heading there again ;)