new roving rucksack

Reaction score
Need help, I am looking for a new day rucksack. Is the Fox Evolution rucksack best buy? Or should I go for a second hand Stalker or Royale Rover (which seem to fetch almost original prices). I have tried and rejected the TFG 35/50 ltr ruck as the straps are killers. No good for hot weather, very rough. Who has the new evolutions, what do you think? Thanks folks, any feedback will be good.

R

Robert Woods 1

I use an army surplas one much cheaper than named ones and not many on bank.

Reaction score
No reviews of new Fox Evolution roving rucksack yet Eddie, thats why I am asking for some feedback from new users. And I have a rucksack that loves to take a dive into the mud, just will not stay put. Is yours the Bergen type,Robert, and does it behave? Thanks for your input though folks.

R

Robert Woods 1

Mine is a German one only about 35 litres. Got it off Transworld Surplas.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

The Stalker doesn't behave its self either Peter. I have the larger one of the two. Usually everything has to come out for just one item, not happy with it at all. One day I might just take it for a walk and leave it there.

J

John Huntley

Peter
I have been using the fox stalker for a long time now and its great. I have found the straps to be excellent and comfortable. I often use it for long walks across fields etc with the chair strapped on and have no complaints. Its been very durable.
Baz, when you do decide to abandon yours let me know!

E

EC

Peter I own a sundridge slam rover type rucksack. There is a section that zips off for use as a seat and also an unhooking mat that comes included, the problem is I cannot find a link anywhere on the net mate, so am assuming they are discontinued.

If you can source one they are well worth a look, I suspect some smaller shops will still have them in, I got mine from the Derby Angling Centre at the time I think!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

Will do John. I've been threatening it for some time now.

Reaction score
Thats great info,thanks Robert, I will find Transworld for a nosy. Eddie, I have the Slam carryall/unhooking mat version,very handy, and I know the rucksack you mean. They may still be around. I am not near a Fox dealer, so I need to travel to try the Evolution gear. But the Stalker John seems to be winning, why else would they fetch near new prices? Must be good. I think the bigger one will be too big, Baz.Have tried cutting back on gear I take, but a team of porters will probably be the way forward if I don't stop collecting tackle. Thanks for all your help. Good old Fishing magic.