If you had to choose.....

E

EC

....... to have in your tackle box, what would you choose?

Which floats would you say have the widest variety of applications, including uses they were not designed for?

K

Kevin Perkins * CLXXX *

Two floats...!

You only need one, and that is the 'Newark Needle Float, claimed to do everything by its inventor, and as i've got one and I'm flogging all my gear, start the bidding war now........

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i`d probably opt for ......
a grayling/perch type bobber float,mainly because they can be used in rivers/back brooks for catching anything that likes a nice big old juicy lob worm.you could even use one for livebaiting with a minnow or gudgeon.you could even use one for carping at your local commercial fishery,ideal for suspending baits well up in the water etc...
my other choice would have to be a straight peacock waggler.fish it as it comes for all the usual suspects or use it for the lift method or strett pegging and trotting on rivers.

P

Phil Hackett The original disability bad speller w

Mine would be a big chubber stick and a wggler both taking 2-3 SSGs Both if needed can be used as maker floats at medium range.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I would go with Nick but replacing the grayling bob with a Drennan 2 Swan chubber.

Fred Blake

Reaction score
I agree with Nick, though I might swap the straight peacock for a goose quill taking a single swanshot - purely because it's less likely to break!

I have just such a float I made myself years ago from the top four inches of a large goose primary with a tapered wood insert in the base carrying a wire loop. It's spot on for carp and tench in stillwater, or trotting/stret pegging in rivers.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
6 No.4 lignumn stick, 2.5 AA insert peacock waggler & 1 swan crystal chubber.

I know that's three floats but I can't decide which one I'd lose.

E

EC

I'd go for a drennan chubber, ace for small lives,and a decent all round river float for bigger baits.

I'd probably go for an insert waggler or tapered peacock as float no2.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
A premier 5 or 6bb trotter for fishing bread and a locslide waggler for float ledgering.

G

Ged

I find that I do most of my float fishing using Drannam crystal insert waggler 2BB.
Failing that, I use a Middy crystal insert waggler 2BB.
Am I boring or what? Might use a 3BB next time just for variety.
Why I use them? Don't realy know.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've got a float, it's brilliant. If you break your line, it comes back to the bank so you can get it - sometimes with the fish still attached.

If you tangle in a tree, it cuts itself free, falls through the twigs until it can fall to the floor.

Leave it in the grass and it creeps back into your tackle box.

YOU CANNOT LOOSE IT!

Marvelous invention, but don't ask me where you get them, I found mine.

Sgt Bash

Reaction score
Sounds like a well trained cat, might be a nice idea to paint the local stray flourescent orange. Keeping the fish attached may take a while to master though.

J

john ledger

The Baggio stick which is the best ever made and a crytal waggler insert

W

Wolfman Woody

The DRENNAN Big Stick and the DRENNAN Peacock Waggler.

PS. I hope you have my correct address for the cheque Peter.

D

DAN.

a 3 gram cralusso flat float,pole magic!
and my marker float as it helps with baiting at long distances!