Favourite Angling Books

Steve Handley

Reaction score
I was interested to read in a previous thread, that Chris Yates is releasing a new book and one that I will definately be down on my xmas list. For me Chris has to be the best of the modern day angling writers.

This had me thinking. Out of my vast collection of angling books, which when I look at them, could be referred to as, the good, the bad, and the ugly,(a bit like the people on this forum!!!)which was my favourite.

Mine would have to be: Casting at the Sun by Chris Yates. it is one of those rare books that you can loose yourself in the story and feel that your almost there, transported into another world.

For me it is an alltime classic, but what's yours?

honslow

Reaction score
In Pursuit of the Largest's pretty damn good.

Ginger

Reaction score
The Big Fish Scene.
Must have been published at least 20 years ago but still a great read.
There`s even a chapter on Bream from the Cheshire Meres by some guy called Marsden.
I wonder what became of him.

mike Gibson

Reaction score
Got to be Mr. Crabtree goes Fishing.

First read it nearly 50 years ago. Not just sound advice that's still applicable today, but beautiful illustrations and idyllic tales of a lost era.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

My fav 3

The Carp Strikes Back- Rod Hutchinson

Modern Specimen Hunting- Jim Gibbo

First Cast- Terry Lampard

T

Terry Comerford

Barbel A Lifetime's Addiction
Trefor West.
Very reasonably priced also Greg. :)

ingy

Reaction score
must say casting at the sun is a great read read it from front to back on holiday about 8 years ago

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
the 70s book, "Ivan Marks on match Fishing" if you like Bream fishing especially it is a bible through and through.

P

paul williams 2

Mike Gibson.....you are so right!

Crabtree is without doubt the most influential writer of this century and it does still hold good!

A bit like the internal combustion engine really........we keep messing but the theory and basics are still the same!

Yes, definatly Mr Crabtree for me too!