Problem with hear rig snaping

N

New Boy

Went fishing last week end at willow park. Court some good size carp but also lost a few big one when my 15lb hear rig snapped.

Can anyone tell me the best setup to catch big carp as I still havent got up to double figures yet.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
If you're catching then nothing wrong with the set up itself.

If the rig is snapping you need to look at your knots and or clutch setting on your reel.

15lb takes a fair bit of snapping so either the knot has weakned the line or your clutch is not giving line before the breaking strain has been reached, or both.

A bit more info required like what line and hooklength material are you using, what knots (I presume the knotless knot for the hook and hair but what knot on the swivel end?), how do you set your clutch, what weight fish did you land succesfully before you got broken off?

Also what's your name and what area of the country do you fish?

N

nick hodgkinson

as said before - what hooklength material ie mono or braid and breaking strain

what hook pattern

immediate thought would be fluoro carbon and downturned eye - recipe for disaster!!

as to catching 'big' carp - in all seriousness make sure the water contains said fish!!

i have lost track of the times i have told folk you ain't going to catch 30's if the water has no 30's!! pretty obvious you'd think but it crops up all the time