Best Prawn Boilie

cg74

Reaction score
Are Source boilies prawn flavoured?

I've no idea if Dynamite Baits still make them but I had good success with Spicy Shrimp and Prawn boilies but going on the fact that I was sold 5kg for £25, I suspect they were end of line??

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
All seasons Bait Developments at Southend Farm, Nr. Waltham Abbey

Do a number of different Prawn Boilies.

I have used their Boilies for a Number of Years and caught some very big fish on them ?

Bob

bigchub

Reaction score
I've just looked at their website Bob and can't find any prawn boilies. I've emailed to find out about them though so hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Fred Blake

Reaction score
Are Source boilies prawn flavoured?

I've no idea if Dynamite Baits still make them but I had good success with Spicy Shrimp and Prawn boilies but going on the fact that I was sold 5kg for £25, I suspect they were end of line??

The Souce is definitely NOT prawn flavoured! It's bunspice. Good bait for most species, even roach and rudd.

R

Royffey

spicy shrimp and prawn, best prawn bait on market, in my opinion.... better than a real prawn

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I've never quite known what to make of 'The Source'. The boilies and groundbait and pellets do not smell the same as one another, though Dynamite claim they are the same ingredients.

Whilst baker's bunspice might be a part of it, this is only sugar and Mixed Spice, the latter being a blend of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice, though it can occasionally also contain Cloves, Dried Ginger, Corriander, Caraway and Cayenne Pepper.

The important ingredient, however, is an old one; Haith's Robin Red, itself a spiced mix of peppers and food oils that originated as a bird food to enhance feather colour in show birds......

Haith's SuperCatch Robin Red® - Carp Fishing Bait, Robin Red, Groundbaits, Base Mixes & Bait Manufacturer.

When it comes to fishing bait, it seems if it's red it's Robin Red ( or a copy )

There is an interesting article about the bait, where apparently Rod Hutchinson made a mistake in his book 'The Carp Strikes Back', and everybody copied him and got it wrong........

Haiths garden bird Seed, aviary feed, bird feed

I'm left wondering if Rod would have made such a mistake and not spotted it at proof-reading?

For myself, I am convinced the pellets contain some Aniseed or Fennel, though the groundbait doesn't smell of either!