Best line

rains

Reaction score
Hi all i would like your advice on what is the best line i can buy it will be about 4 pound bs and for roach bream tench ect

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
For me it would have to be Maxima Chameleon, but it is a personal choice thing when it comes to choosing line.
Daiwa Sensor monofil is also excellent line and i use it for my Feeder Fishing, Not only is it cheap it comes in Bulk Spools and is very reliable.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
I don't think they do the Pro Gold Clear in anything under 8lb breaking strain.

I've not used the Pro Gold before, just how good a line is it, and what sort of price for 100m spools of line ?

barbelboi

Reaction score
I don't think they do the Pro Gold Clear in anything under 8lb breaking strain.

I've not used the Pro Gold before, just how good a line is it, and what sort of price for 100m spools of line ?

They do Pro-Gold down to 2lb Steph - 1000yds £16.98 110yds £5.36 dia .127mm (2lb is the knot strength breaking strain - 2.5 is the line)

Jerry

Last edited:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
They do Pro-Gold down to 2lb Steph - 1000yds £16.98 110yds £5.36 dia .127mm (2lb is the knot strength breaking strain - 2.5 is the line)

Jerry

I know they do, but i did say Pro Gold Clear ....... £5.36 is a reasonable price to pay for 100 metres of quality line. Do they do the lower strains in Bulk Spools ?

I can see me having to try and source some of this and give it a try when i sort out my fishing again.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Maxima if I could only pick one line, but i use different line's for different methods.

I use Maxima, Pro Gold, Drennen Float and some hooklink material's also.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I know they do, but i did say Pro Gold Clear ....... £5.36 is a reasonable price to pay for 100 metres of quality line. Do they do the lower strains in Bulk Spools ?

I can see me having to try and source some of this and give it a try when i sort out my fishing again.

[FONT=&quot]Never heard of Pro-Gold Clear Steph – as far as I know you may have one or the other. [/FONT]Ithought 1000m was a bulk spool, I believe you can also get 5000m for about £75
[FONT=&quot]Jerry[/FONT]

Last edited:

rains

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys in generel what is the recommended breaking strain for say if i was targeting fish weighting between 5lb to 10lb

barbelboi

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys in generel what is the recommended breaking strain for say if i was targeting fish weighting between 5lb to 10lb

That's a real tricky one Rains. It's got to depend of the action of the rod and the water itself (weedy/clear). To quote your figures you shouldn't have a problem at all landing a 10lb fish on 5lb line on a clear water. I use 8lb line for carp to well over 20lb up in the water with a 1.75 through action rod without any problems on a weed clear water. A complete rethink if the water is clad in pond weed.

Jerry

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I agree with Jerry. If weed/snags are not an issue then I'd be perfectly content with any decent 5-6lb line for fish up to 10lb....significantly bigger and I'd go up to 8lb. In both cases fished in conjunction with a suitable rod. On a 1.75 tc rod & 8lb Pro Gold I'd fancy my chances against a cabin cruiser in open water.

Dont like braid.At all for anything except spinning.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Never heard of Pro-Gold Clear Steph – as far as I know you may have one or the other. [/FONT]Ithought 1000m was a bulk spool, I believe you can also get 5000m for about £75
[FONT=&quot]Jerry[/FONT]

£75 for that it should be solid Gold..................:D