Nice one Matt!

G

Geoff Cowen

I have just received my October issue of Coarse Fisherman it has a nice supplement on Barbel Fishing produced by Bob Roberts and are very own Matt Brown. What a really good bit of work it is and Matts photos are top notch. I wish I could take one or two pic's anything like as good.

neil mason 2

Reaction score
Just got copy of the october issue and no supplement in it, aksed w h smiths about it and they new nothing about it. where can i get one.

captain carrott

Reaction score
matts got a few copies lying round, you should see his piccies of the scantily dressed ladies.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Right, I havent bought a copy for a few months. About to dash out to get one. Will tell you what I tink later!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Maybe Matt could let Deanos have a picture of a very expensive barbel rod - just so he knows what one looks like:)

Deanos

Reaction score
Don?t encourage him anybody?this cruel man who taunts me..who?who steals sweets from little children and wears a hair peace!

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
I note that TCF also have a barbel feature on this month. Thumbed through it and noticed that a specimen barbel is now regarded as one of 13lb+(!)

Seems a tad on the high side for the Yorkshire rivers...

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Jonathan
Nonsense my good man - you need a rod of this strength - these are hard fighting Yorkshire barbel not the soft, fight like a bream ,barbel you get down south

neil mason 2

Reaction score
Just like to say thanks to Gary Giddon for contacting me and posting my missing supplement on Barbel Fishing as he had recieved two in his copy.

honslow

Reaction score
Top rods. Won't fish with anything else any more. Just acquired a 13ft Chimera two-piece float rod from Bevan Tackle - pukka!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Thanks Geoff. Bob and I were especially pleased with teh shots of feeding barbel and the underwater rigs.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Specimen barbel start at 10lb

13lb?

Rowlocks! Big, fat, rusty coloured, squeeky when used stinky rowlocks!

13lb is a big specimen, lets not weight out the aveage joe just so the "Stars" can shine alone.....We are in a high time for big barbel. If the current crop died out...what would be a specimen then?

7lb...8lb...9lb?

A specimen is what it is to the captor and not what it appears to everyone else....My biggest is 13lb 7oz and is the biggest of all my doubles....How many doubles have I caught?

I don't know....I stopped counting....It doesn't matter anymore, as long as I enjoy the fishing that is all that counts!

If the fish is a 10lber or above....Bonus...A specimen!

If the fish is 10lb or below....Bonus, I didn't blank!

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
I need a few of those "bonus" fish...otherwise just known as "fish". Lean times at the moment, 'fraid to say.